1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Spec Ops & The Amazing Spiderman

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 31 Jul 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    To break up the endless BF3 threads over here (and there are a lot!!), I thought I'd post up some thoughts on some games Ive just completed. Ok they were on the 360, but there going to be the same on the PS3 anyway.

Spec Ops The Line
    Starts off as a run of the mill cover based shooter based in Dubai, which it is, but ends up going very Apocalypse Now quite early in the game. Its basically about someones descent into madness, and the shooting part is kind of incidental. The story is very very dark, and theres some truly grim moments, even making me squirm a bit. As theres a bit of a drought on gaming wise, I'd recommend this. But only if your starved for games like me. If you havent played any of the Assassins Creeds or Uncharteds etc then dont buy this you numpty, get one of them. I did really enjoy this game though, despite the fact the beta and the demo on Live didnt really float my boat at all. The games strength is its story, and its a good one. Oh, and for all you trophy whores; this one is definitely an achieveable platinum.

The Amazing Spiderman
    Game of the film. No wait come back!! This game is absolutely amazing, and the controls really are intuitive. This game round you can actually walk around Manhattan as well as swing about like a loon. The game is set some months after the film, so theres no spoilers really (well none you couldnt guess at anyway as Hollywood is sooooo predictable). After the initial story part Ive spent the last 3+ hours swinging round Manhattan picking up the collectable comic covers. These are a lot like the agility orbs, as they glow and give off a noise too. Best of all when your swinging around the screen will occasionally pop up with press RB (so press R1 for all you PS3 players ;) ) to let you know youve just passed a comic. These arent pointless collectables, as they actually unlock comics and graphic novels for you to read at the menu!! Awesome eh? The combat is very similar to Batman. In fact its exactly like Batman. I havent made much headway into the story yet, but my sons completed it (both of these are his games you see) and he reckons you could platinum this too. If you had to choose between Spec Ops or this then Spiderman wins hands down. Really good game.

On a side note, Ive also been playing Dawnguard (the DLC for Skyrim). Very expensive but very very good. Being a Vampire Lord is just one of the best things ever, much better than being a werewolf. Easily 8-10 hours gameplay (Ive done it now), and more if you're prepared to grind the levels for it (the legendary dragon doesnt appear until you are a really high level, and unlocking all the Vampire Lord and Werewolf perks takes ages and effort). I know theres no official word as of yet for you PS3 owners, but its going to come and you're in for a treat.

Anyways, Im off to play some more Spidey!! :thumbup:

2. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    When I read the title of the thread I thought this was some great new game, with superheroes webslinging socom marines, now that would be my kind of game.

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I was thinking of getting the boy The Amazing Spiderman for his birthday In a few days, Any idea what the Stan Lee edition Is?

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    No didnt know there was a Ltd Edition. Better not tell my son or he'll be gutted, especially as he paid full price for this too.

Been playing it some more this morning. Make sure you have a go when you get it for your son, its bloody good!! For once a game of a film thats actually pretty smart.