XBOne Sony stock price jumps 8%

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Sixth Axis said:
The Xbox One event has just wrapped up in Redwood, and we’ll have a full round up in a bit. However, following the conference Sony’s stock price has jumped 8%, while Microsoft’s has fallen by around 0.2%, which doesn’t really look like the reaction Microsoft were hoping for.
This change could be an indication that investors think that Sony have the upper hand in the build up to the launch of the next generation of both company’s hardware and were disappointed by what Microsoft had to show of the Xbox One. While Microsoft have shown that the Xbox One is a technically impressive machine, their lack of focus on games may be dissuading investors, as well as their media centric approach today.
Of course this reaction could all switch by the time E3 rolls round, where both companies will be doing their utmost to impress.
Guess I wasnt the only one who wasnt that impressed then

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah it seems the only thing Microsoft manage to nail Sony on was "Worldwide launch this year"

TalllPaul

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Even I am surprised by the amount of hate from xbox owners :O

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The problem is MS showed a load of features which while clever are just techno gimmicks without the games, it was wrong crowd to take that approach, the fanbase wanted to see games and or the most poweful console, they got neither and their worse fears were confirmed about 2nd hand games and to a certain degree kinect which some people worry is a spy in their living room judging by some comments I have seen. This is on top of a period which many fans seem to see inwhich MS has taken its attention away from core gamers releasing few hardcore games. Sony in their launch showed signs of havong learned from past mistakes thereby appeasing their fans, MS are ploughing onwards in a direction that makes xbox fans uneasy, no wonder many are angry.