• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Sony headset

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was sick of having cables across the living room floor so I decided to get a wireless headset, I didn't even consider any others and I'm not disappointed by these.
They are more comfortable than the Turtle Beach PX21's that I was using and probably lighter too. In some reviews I read that the dongle thing was "huge". really?? It is smaller than my USB memory stick.
Anyway they look great, sound great and I would recommend them to anyone who wants a quality made wireless headset.

There is also the ability to download different settings for optimal performance in certain games, I have yet to try this but will let you know how good it is when I give it a bash.

One last thing, you can use these on the Vita, PS3 and PC but will only retain the 7.1 surround on the PS3.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've recently picked up a set, I think I've got the volume up too loud I can feel my chest pounding during a boss fight in Destiny

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've recently picked up a set, I think I've got the volume up too loud I can feel my chest pounding during a boss fight in Destiny
What do you think of them?
I still think that they are great.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's good to hear (sic) as I've been tempted for a while. Might sort myself a set.Have you any idea if the mic works ok?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been tempted to get these. I'm on my third headset in the space of just over a month. Got some Tritton Kunai's to replace my broken, but still fully functioning PX3s (swivel arm broke and were a bit wonky after being electrical taped together). They broke after 3 days. As they didn't have any more Tritton Kunai's in stock they exchanged them for another pair of PX3s. They lasted a month and three days before the mute/chat switch broke and got stuck on mute. So they replaced these with another pair of PX3s. Let's see how long these last. I really like the PX3s, they are really comfy and sound great through the DSS 2 surround sound processor. Can switch between various surround sound angles and presets. Shame that they are about as robust as a chocolate teapot.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I own a pair of these, They are awesome.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What do you think of them?
I still think that they are great.
I own a pair of these, They are awesome.
Agreed, the sound that they produce is fantastic, its amazing just how much audio detail you miss even when using a full surround sound AV setup

At one point there was a strange fuzzy buzzing sound in one ear, which had me worried until I realised I was standing near one of the lights in the environment.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For those of you that have these - I know there is a companion app but what are the EQ presets like? I'm used to having 9 different EQ presets to switch between depending on the game. I like hearing footsteps and the rumble of car engines etc.

I also have a choice of 6 different surround sound angles, can you change the SS Angles on these?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For those of you that have these - I know there is a companion app but what are the EQ presets like? I'm used to having 9 different EQ presets to switch between depending on the game. I like hearing footsteps and the rumble of car engines etc.

I also have a choice of 6 different surround sound angles, can you change the SS Angles on these?
Sorry @Plaxinator your just too geeky for me, I have no idea what you just said lol

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Plaxinator, no you cant change the angles. there's a switch on the side OFF>1>2 so you can customise upto 2 presets using the equaliser settings and you can also download preset game settings from the store, ie Killzone for Killzone and Infamous Second son for Infamous, Odly though whatever you set the EQ to will also affect the microphone. (If you crank up the bass and listen to @HaloJ laugh she sounds like a dinosaur)