• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Song of the day...

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Since I consider myself a music lover* and loving to discover all sorts of new music I thought I'd create this thread to share and learn. Partially inspired by this thread.

*)Disclaimers: listening to music that is, I can sing of course, but only off-key. I'm also known to have either no taste or weird taste, since my music collection covers many genres :oops:

The idea is to share a song/clip you like for others to discover. It doesn't matter if it's unknown or current top 40, deathmetal, hardstyle, classical or whatever.

To avoid spamming, the only rule is only one music entry per person per day maximum. (This rule is mostly for myself :roll: )
Furthermore, a YouTube video would be most appreciated! But if unavailable other sources are welcomed too!

And, by learning music taste you might learn things about others! (Which you might not want to know :D )

A final note - which I guess isn't needed on a forum as this -, don't mock people for the music they like.

To start, I'll go with something I like (both music and clip) and to which most of us "Seniors" can relate to. And, while I don't really know him, I can imagine that's @ColSonders with the nurse there at the end of the clip :mrgreen:.

My song of the day:
Toby Keith - As good as I once was

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really liked that song, I like me a little bit of country.
To continue the country theme, here is one of my favourite Johnny Cash songs, it's his cover of the 9inch Nails song "Hurt". Most people may well have heard it already.

And because I'm a natural born rule breaker, here is another song I quite like by Tom Jones. It's from one of his latest albums;

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@mick Never heard DARC before, sounds like some good training music for my team!

@Plaxinator I liked that Cash song, but breaking the rules already? Then know that it's also definately not allowed to send me money! (PM me for my bank details!) ;)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is a great idea!
...and @Plaxinator - you just got a gold star in my book! Hurt is a great song and The man in black really does it extremely good! I also like his cover version of Personal Jesus with John Frusciante (and My name is Sue off course!).
Actually I met a guy this summer who was s well documented friend of Cash... Exciting stories he had to tell!

And the Tom Jones song is fantastic!!

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love her music to bits and the subject matter is close to my heart.

One for @SHROUD too I should say.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And, while I don't really know him, I can imagine that's @ColSonders with the nurse there at the end of the clip :mrgreen:.
I don't know where you'd get that impression about me, I would never touch up a nurse! :angel:

Edit* I might as well contribute to this thread.

This is one of my favourite bands these days and this is the song that made me hunt them out and discover them, bonus points if you can tell me where I first heard this:

Last edited:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
bonus points if you can tell me where I first heard this
I haven't googled it, but it's got to be either Need for Speed or Burnout. I know the track, so my money is on Burnout Paradise.

Anyway, this is my tune for the day. Predictably, it's The Dowling Poole. This single is released on Monday, along with the album.

For anyone that isn't aware, wifey is in the band. :D

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is my tune of the day.

I think this song is brilliant :)

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have more then one. But i will pick one for today once home and on a computer.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, this is my first contribution: The Band and The Staple Singers doing The Weight together.
When the Band were about to record their first album (Music from big pink), They wanted to stack their voices in layers just like the Staple Singers did. When the album got out on the market, The Weight become a hit single. A few years later, The Staple Singers also got a hit with their version of the song.
At the end of their career, the Band recorded The Last Waltz, a live recording of their last concert as a band mixed with interviews with the band members. As a bonus there were also this version of the Weight with the two groups joining forces, their by ending the Bands career where it started.
Magic Stuff.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@pede2010 I agree

Some steampunk from me today.
Was doubting between this one and Sleep Isabella.

But I went for: Abney Park - Airship Pirate

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Todays song is very dear to my heart. Its actually based on a true story of unrequited love. This guy has his heart broken by a prostitute.
I wasnt a very nice person when I was younger.(some might say I'm still not a very nice person!!;)). The music of Soft Cell, Marc and the Mambas and then Marc Almond literally changed me and my life for the better in so many ways. Marcs music has always resonated with me, and this was the song that got me into Soft Cell. Not Tainted Love, which I never liked. Marcs voice, whilst often out of key, is very powerful and soulfull, and this song still remains one of my all time favourites