• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Solar Rail deployment

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We have a Solar rail built , but deploying it is a bit of a lottery.
You have to look manually around the solar map and click on all of the dark sector nodes to find one which we can attack.
If you see a message saying there is an Honor Armistice and a countdown clock, these are the ones that we can soon try to attack.
You have to wait for the timer to count down to zero and then when it does, press the X button, a few times and hope for the best.
If you do get lucky we will get a message asking if we want to deploy the senior gamers rail or an alliance rail. Not sure how many of us have the ability to choose alliance?
Also if you dont see a countdown, I may have to give you the rights to deploy the rail.

There is a rail available to attack in Jupiter at 8.30 am today at CAMERIA. I will try to get ours deployed but chances are slim.
It has just been captured by "The Syndicate" who are pretty much the big players in the alliance world. They will be contesting losts of rails and plan to take them all. This will mean they can put high taxes on these rails once they have a few. They also have large funds and will offer large battle pay for others to defend them . We cant really compete money wise in battle pay, but those that oppose the syndicate would give support , so its not all about who offers the most money in battle pay.

I suggest we use this thread to notify others when other rails are available to be attacked and try to find one that is coming up at a time when more of us are available .

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried with the one that came up last night your time but no joy. Most of those in the Alliance were trying too but failed.

So I think its gonna be a hard slog and to be honest I dont think we will get much support from some in the alliance.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried about 5 of them yesterday. No luck, but i will keep trying.
i need to find a site that has the info updated regularly that tells you when the rails are ready to be attacked.

Northlander

Reaction score
If there's anyone around - GET TO YOUR STATIONS!

As @HaloJ has just pointed out to me via the in-game chat, 3 Solar Rail deploments are coming up for grabs! (I can only access 2 of them, Earth & Uranus)

EARTH - Tikal, 2hrs 10 (at 10:20am)
PHOBOS - Memphis, 3hrs 16 (at 9:48am)
URANUS - Assur, 3hrs 30 (10:20am)

Warframe_20140526101025.jpg

Warframe_20140526101057.jpg

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I now have only 6hrs sleep available before I heac to work, so im not available.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There are a few more coming today. (times Approx)
I can do the one soon at assur - Uranus 1.55pm
Will probably be asleep for
Neptune Gabbi @ 3.20
Seimeni Ceres @ 4.25
Caracol Saturn @3.30
Piscano Saturn @4,45
Should be around for
Hierico Pluto @5.40
Yasuur @ 5.45
Wahiba Mars @ 5.45
Kadesh mars @ 6.50
Zeugma Phobos @7.45
Akad Eris @ 9.pm

There is one on Jupiter Tommorrow

I cant get access to 1 on Sedna, Pluto, Europa and Eris

If you are about , try to hit your X as the clock counts to Zero, then by-pass the next screen, we can if successfull fill in the details later.

Not much chance of us getting any, but if we dont try, we wont ever get a rail up.

Last edited:

Northlander

Reaction score
Well I tried the first one at [CERES] - Gabii

All I can think is there's a bug! Like what I've read on the wiki...the reason being I was there bang on 0 seconds, hit X selected our rail, then [ ] to deploy....'unable to deploy' error.

I even backed out of the node then re-entered and I still had the option to deploy. I did this 7 more times and still nothing! It was only on my 8th attempt when I backed out and re-entered I got the rail deployment screen showing that another clan was deploying their rail. I know I had actually beaten them to it as the time displayed for their rail to be deployed was only 23hrs 59mins and 58secs - so my previous attempts *must* have been before theirs!

If it's not this 'bug' I've read about, it's not something stupid like we have the wrong type of rail or that you need to have unlocked the full sector?

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds stupid, but guys in the alliance were counting down the timer before one rail that I was watching, but they were 6 minutes ahead. And we ALL still missed out. Oh well.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I tried the first one at [CERES] - Gabii

All I can think is there's a bug! Like what I've read on the wiki...the reason being I was there bang on 0 seconds, hit X selected our rail, then [ ] to deploy....'unable to deploy' error.

I even backed out of the node then re-entered and I still had the option to deploy. I did this 7 more times and still nothing! It was only on my 8th attempt when I backed out and re-entered I got the rail deployment screen showing that another clan was deploying their rail. I know I had actually beaten them to it as the time displayed for their rail to be deployed was only 23hrs 59mins and 58secs - so my previous attempts *must* have been before theirs!

If it's not this 'bug' I've read about, it's not something stupid like we have the wrong type of rail or that you need to have unlocked the full sector?
I don't think it's anything to do with it being a bug. Its a lottery, with thousands of people trying to press x then square as quickly as they can.

Northlander

Reaction score
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Solar_Rails

From the Warframe wiki...

"Many Alliances/Clans are unable to deploy Solar Rails due to some unknown condition or bug that will lead to "Unable to Deploy" message that appears even if no other Challenger has entered Dark Sector, this was difficult to confirm due to the fact that there is always a Challenger as soon as it becomes possible and people believed that the message was appearing due to another Challenger entering the Solar Rail."

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
5 hours on Venus Romula

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Alliance that we have joined have deployed a Solar Rail in JUPITER today.
They will be up againt Se7en S1nz as from tommorrow afternoon.
The opposition have been winning many of the rails and holding onto them as they offer ZERO percent credit tribute once the battle has ended. Meaning that the player keeps all of the 7,000 credits when they run the mission for the seven sinz. The way they operate is very costly and they will soon be out of credits as they are running at a loss. They cant go on forever doing this, but a neutral player will often side with them if there is No tax as opposed to the default 15% tax.
I am not sure how much tax our alliance will be asking as yet but it wont be free. So to win this battle we need to run the mission as much as we can over the next few days.
Both sides will put up battle pay and our Alliance does have tens of millions in the kitty. This could be tempting to the battle ahead as .
We should be able to offer decent battle pay to run the mission. I will be doing the mission a number of times over the next few days and intend to put the battle pay that I gain from A O back into the clan vault and a little more from my own funds, If you wish to donate any of your battle pay then you can do so by visiting the DOJO's vault.
I will post more info on this when I have it.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Our Battle for the Solar Rail rights of SINAI in Jupiter are about to commense.
If you are a warframe player, please find the time to support our Alliance ALPHA OMEGA, by visiting the battleground and fighting on behalf of A O. If you can re run the mission a few times, even better, its all about getting players in to play on your side.
EDIT:-
The Seven SInz, are NOT currently offering any battle pay , as opposed to our 2K so we got off to a good start but I expect the seven sinz to offer huge rewards soon to encourage people to run it on thier side.
I hadn't looked into the details that much and didn't see that our Alliance members wont get any credits for running the mission for themselves. You will of course get the the other rewards such as the resources AND I just got a RAGE mod which is rather good.
Its also a nice mission to run, Its the one where there are four cores to shut down and secret rooms to explore and get stuck in , which I did.
By the end of the battle and 20 runs of the mission, I hope to be able to have figured out just how to get out of the sodding hole that I always get stuck in .

Last edited:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I ran a few rail missions last night, Can't remember which ones, But they were offering huge amounts of battle pay to get players in and then dropping it before the end of the mission, I joined one with a 100,000 payout but when finished I only got 5000.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I ran a few rail missions last night, Can't remember which ones, But they were offering huge amounts of battle pay to get players in and then dropping it before the end of the mission, I joined one with a 100,000 payout but when finished I only got 5000.
Because of how the pay is done (at the moment) the money isn't taken from the funds until the mission is completed therefore you could have seen a big payout and gotten sweet f-all, this is currently nicknamed paybaiting (high pay for small number of people - everyone runs the mission expecting big payout and gets squat).

They have part of a workaround coming in the update (I think) that shows the money left in the vault so people can make a more informed decision about running the mission or not - however the fund level (acording to pc forums) isn't updated as fast as most people would want so paybaiting still can occur.

Plus the mission on the conflict is also due to change to a mobile defence mission (not sure if its exactly the same or not), and @Acegadgets if you want some rare mods: Berserker, Decisive Judgement, Flow, Master Thief, Rage these all can drop from the tenno specter (Decisive Judgement is a katana stance thats in update 13.3).

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh that's just great iinnit,
Herman fighting for the other side on the promise of a huge payout and falling into their trap. What can I say?

HA HA

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Who said i was fighting for the other side?