Snow White and the 7 Ewoks

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So Disney have purchased the Star Wars franchise from Georgyboy. Disney also get the rights to Indiana Jones, Willow, Labrynth, Skywalker Sound and ILM. Not bad going at all for Disney. They now own in addition to this Pixar, Marvel and The Muppets. With their own brand not being too shabby either.

I am a self confessed hardcore Star Wars fan, however I don't see this as a bad thing. George was loosing his way with it a bit, and Disney have done a superb job with the Marvel licensing. Disney have already announced 3 new moives (Episodes 7,8 and 9), the first appearing in 2015. This will be around the long taunted continuation of the story George has vaguely alluded to since 1977. Let's see what happens, I'm quietly optimistic about this.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Personally they couldnt make the franchise any worse. What with the ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, young Annakin, and the "comedy" role C3PO had in the last 3 films. I thought he sunk as far as he could with the Holiday Special, but Lucas showed us there were new levels with advertising (Tunes, Vodafone etc).

Disney have certainly upped there game in the last 10 years. I was suitabley impressed by Pirates Of The Carribean, and it certainly had its dark moments.

2015 looks like when the new Star Wars film will hit us, so lets see what theyve done with it. As I said, they couldnt make it any worse. :D

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Slaine said:
2015 looks like when the new Star Wars film will hit us, so lets see what theyve done with it. As I said, they couldnt make it any worse. :D
I dunno , I reckon they are going to be a musical with music and lyrics by Elton John.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If episodes VII - IX are to be chronologically after the original trilogy they could set then 35-40 years after the events of those films. That would be ideal as they could re-employ all of the original cast and no make-up would be needed to make the characters look older!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OMG, you don't realise just how old they've got. Harrison Ford still has it though :lol:

I think Disney will do a good job of things.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have faith young padawans :1thumbup: .

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Surely any more Star Wars films will have proper directors and writers and shit instead of Lucas's crap mates doing It all on the cheap.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To reuse a post I made just the other day. :D

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Disney have John Lassitor at the helm, a certifiable storytelling genius. T'is looking promising.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
First production shot of the film. Hidden in case you want the cast of the new story to be a surprise.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
*Force chokes Jar Jar Binks*

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Im not a big Star Wars fan but I think they should get Guy Richie to do any new ones if they were more like this.