Sniper Elite.. I gotta be very st-eal

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mrs Vee here, has anyone had a crack at Sniper Elite, would love to hear your ramblings about it before I fork over me dosh. I was a little disappointed with the first. Ta

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wasn't there a demo of this? I recall playing it but i've never owned it.

From what I remember it was very sub par as far as third person shooters go, in terms of general character handling, animations, camera angles etc. But the game itself was still very enjoyable if you actually try to play as a Sniper rather than running and gunning. It excels really well in the sniping and tactics aspect, definitely worth a try.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Like col said it's all sniper orientated (obviously being a Sniper game) you sneak around and snipe stuff and when you get in a pickle you pull out a smg and try to stay alive. I wasn't really impressed but that was when it was £35 maybe at £10 - £15 it might be worth it.

@Spruijt is probably the best person to ask I'm sure he finished it.

Not sure if this is a good deal for you but with all the free PS+ games you pay £40 a year or £3+ a month and get two games a month. There not all great but for £1.50+ a game you will soon have a collection of digital games. they are yours until you ps+ sub runs out, if you keep it up you will never lose them. With the Gaikia coming to the ps4 these games should be playable over that if your getting a ps4.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
The sniping in the game is excellent. The harder the difficulty, the more factors you have to take into account when shooting. Sometimes you get a killcam with a sort of x-ray vision letting you see the damage the bullet does to the body. Nice graphics as well and a decent storyline.

Personally I got bored with the repetitive gameplay. Plus I felt the sniping moved a bit to the background as the game progressed.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
...PS+ games ..... they are yours until you ps+ sub runs out, if you keep it up you will never lose them.
Can someone clarify this please?

Do you lose your games if your subs run out or can you simply not play them until you subscribe again? I was under the impression it was the latter. ( not like it's gonna matter before long when PS+ is forced on us )

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Well I was under the impression if it runs out by even an hour they are lost for good. Even if you renew your sub they are gone.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can someone clarify this please?

Do you lose your games if your subs run out or can you simply not play them until you subscribe again? I was under the impression it was the latter. ( not like it's gonna matter before long when PS+ is forced on us )
If your sub runs out you don't loose your games, they just get "locked" until you renew your subscription. I can 100% confirm this as I have let a sub lapse and when I renewed it again 'twas fine.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I didnt mind Sniper Elite. Not a bad game, and the death animatics were very reminiscent of Mortal Kombat. I'd recommend it if you see it cheap. Its no AAA title, but its not crap either.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks heaps guys for your input, I'll give it a crack me thinks. I do love being sneaky sneaky. :)