Smartphone GAME app

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't know if you have seen this, but GAME have a smartphone app, which works with their (and your old gamestation) loyalty cards. It is for iPhone, and Android (ver 2.3 and above), and windows phone.

Why do I care about this I hear you ask.....

Well apart from being able to keep track of your points, and being able to merge your game points with your gamestation ones, into one account, there are other benefits.

You get a scanner which you can point at the bar code of your trade ins and they will give you the trade in value. You can buy PSN top ups, and x box points too, as well as buying games online via the app.

Best of all for me is the reward system, called acolades. As you use the app you get achievements, which you get bonus points when you unlock them. Free money is never bad!!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Apparently Game digital won a retailer of the year award, mind you I wouldn't buy from them as I think there very over priced. Any who will check out the app and see what it's like :) thanks for the heads up

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
will check out the app and see what it's like :) thanks for the heads up
Worth doing mate, merged my cards, and got some acolades, and now have £18.50 store credit just waiting to be spent!!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might give it a go just so I can laugh out loud at their trade in prices.

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might give it a go just so I can laugh out loud at their trade in prices.
Unfortunately some of us don't much in the way of choice. Here we have a Game, and the supermarkets. :(

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same, only Game shut down. There is a game station though. I think they merged?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've got a CEX and a GAME, but I never trade in as I hate being ripped off. Besides, I do occasionally have a blast with some of the old games, hence why I never get Platinums/1000G all the time on my games (well that's my excuse anyway:P).

I do buy 2nd hand, but some of the prices are way out. I pretty much religiously use Shopto. They always break street dates so 9/10 you'll get the game early, theyre usually the cheapest (or there abouts) and their reward scheme is pretty good. Plus their app is pretty good too.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a Zavvi man at the moment for New releases. They arent the quickest but are very reliable, and they tend to be really cheap if you pre order new titles and have some good back catalogue deals each week.
I also download back catalogue PC games from whoever is the cheapest. Steam isnt always the cheapest. There's some good bargains to be had by downloading but you have nothing to sell on thats why I wont download a new release.
Locally we have Grainger games, Game and a blockbuster for trade ins but they all give you nothing for used games so I sell usually on Amazon and buy from eBay whos prices tend to be better for buyers and worse for sellers.