Multi Skyrim

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm so waiting for Skyrim VR, but I am also a little bit concerned it may be total garbage.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm so waiting for Skyrim VR, but I am also a little bit concerned it may be total garbage.
Yeah, that's why I have yet to order. I will at one point get this, but if it really sucks I'll wait for a good offer, but I do really want to see it in VR :)

But personally, those 11 minutes did look alright to me

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get back to playing it on my PS3. They released an enhanced version for the PS4 that I want to play at some point, but as I've already started it on PS3, I can't justify it just yet.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I caved in... I just have to try it. So, pre-ordered.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got this and played it today, after you get over the blocky graphics in VR its quite neat. Bow and arrow is now a lot harder to hit at range as there is no target reticule to assist. Apart from that its verbatim Skyrim with the 3 additional DLC packages included.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got this and played it today, after you get over the blocky graphics in VR its quite neat.
This! But this is with all the VR titles. You cannot expect Full HD HighRes Ultra Gfx.

But it is quite an experience to run around as person in a virtual fantasy world, wielding a sword and shield.
Blocking the arrows with the shield and seeing the arrows sticking in it is really cool.

Also on a personal note:
Swinging the sword towards virtual enemies can lead to casualties in the real one.
RIP water bottle.

All in one: This is surprising good and very very immersive.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also on a personal note:
Swinging the sword towards virtual enemies can lead to casualties in the real one.
RIP water bottle.
Yes, my wife found it hilarious when i was using a bow and arrow, youngest had a go, but just wandered around Riverdell(??played it so many times but not remember its name) looking at chickens, she was too scared of the Dragon shown in the loading screen to go anywhere else!

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, the graphics are (obviously) a little underwhelming compared to other titles, but the fact that you can walk through the entire world in VR more than makes up for that!
I'm still baffled that I can see something way off on a distant mountain and just walk there if I like. Also, places like Dragonreach are much larger than it appeared before.
It's very nice to actually "be" in the places you only know from watching on a screen years before. A sort of surreal feeling of coming home in a way.

But the one thing I was looking forward to, but I really don't like are the move controls.
Bow and arrow are fine, but the sword fights didn't click for me, and moving around/picking stuff up was more cumbersome than I liked.
So I'll stick to using the dualshock.

Finally, for everyone who has a PSVR headset: this is a game that ought to be in your collection!

@c00ky: You mean Riverwood?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is this the entire game in VR mode or have they edited a lot of it out? as in, is it less "open world / free roam" than the original.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is this the entire game in VR mode or have they edited a lot of it out? as in, is it less "open world / free roam" than the original.
Believe it or not.... it is as free-roam as the original! As stated earlier, only graphics-wise it might not be the same, but it is Skyrim!
Plus, you get the DLC included as well, which is a plus for me, since I never did those. I was quite suprised when I could adopt my first child since that was never a option before. :lol:

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@c00ky: You mean Riverwood?
That's the fellah!

The thing that blew me away was wearing headphones this really immersed me in the world.

Poking my head around a corner and then sniping a baddie with the bow really was a great moment too.

Cant figure out how to block with Bow, as I have the zoom perk on archery but wiggling my sticks dont seem to do anything.

I would say i do get motion sickness, so i use the wand teleport method of travel, as the alternate movement makes me reach for the bucket.

Overall a great implementation and another thing to lose myself in, when work and family life lets me !

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's the fellah!

The thing that blew me away was wearing headphones this really immersed me in the world.

Poking my head around a corner and then sniping a baddie with the bow really was a great moment too.

Cant figure out how to block with Bow, as I have the zoom perk on archery but wiggling my sticks dont seem to do anything.

I would say i do get motion sickness, so i use the wand teleport method of travel, as the alternate movement makes me reach for the bucket.

Overall a great implementation and another thing to lose myself in, when work and family life lets me !
Funny, I find teleporting more disorientating as logically my body knows we don't travel that way so usually turn a lot of "comfort" options off (Megaton Rainfall, looking at you!) but do understand we are all wired differently!

And how do you block with a bow naturally? Ineffectively against projectiles, I imagine, holding it horizontal for close quarters perhaps?

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And how do you block with a bow naturally? Ineffectively against projectiles, I imagine, holding it horizontal for close quarters perhaps?
Found out after I unlocked the perk that the trigger on my left wand is block, or goes into a kind of ghostly target mode if I have nocked an arrow.