Multi Skyrim

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
When I was playing I made a lot of daggers and leather armour to get my smithing up. In the end I had a house full of awesome weapons and armour. I really did enjoy the game just a shame I had so many glitches stopping me getting my platinum :'(

I'm going to have to find out how you do that smithing thingy and get a house. on the plus side i've killed two dragons

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
First town you enter has loads of iron and leather hanging around make straps then daggers on the furnace ;) easy

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Speak to the Jarl and his steward in each town. Do their quests and you'll get offerred a house. Rather than concentrate on the smithing thing, I spent more time improving my combat. I noticed that my smithing ability was improving too (as I was improving my weapons and armour all the time). My magic skills in the game were next to useless as I concentrated all my efforts in to waving swords around.

The important message here is to choose a path and stick to it. Once youve become absolutely proficient in it, no encounter will give you any problems, then you can mess around with your magic too. I think theres only a couple of abilities that are not 100% for me.

zeroflip

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Anyone here got the DLC yet? It finally came to playstation after a HUGE delay. I have been playing some of Dragonborn and am finding it quite dark compared to Skyrim itself. Just wondering what others are up to?

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
zeroflip said:
Anyone here got the DLC yet? It finally came to playstation after a HUGE delay. I have been playing some of Dragonborn and am finding it quite dark compared to Skyrim itself. Just wondering what others are up to?
Bought it last week and i've been playing it every chance that i have, in fact hardly played anything else.

Ties in nicely with the main game and the new map and quests should easily give me an extra 40/50 hours of gameplay.

Bargain at £7 :1thumbup:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I grabbed all the DLC. I really enjoyed Dawngaurd. Living life as a vampire is fun. I still haven't done many main quests plus I haven't bothered with smithing, enchanting and potions for that matter.

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I clocked up 200 hrs and finished the main game last June, before the DLC came out, and although I meant to return to the game I never got around to it somehow. However as you guys seem to think there is some milage in the DLC, then I might take a look.

As for houses, I only used the first one you get in Whiterun, as it is handy for dragonsreach, the sky forge, and the werewolf people, who's name escapes me... and then once I became arch mage, then the arch mages quarters ay the college of winterhold are great as they have an enchanting table, a potion table, a small area for supplies, and the like.

The other houses are only really useful for storing supplies.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't bothered getting any more houses i just stick to the one in Whiterun with my adopted kid and lesbian wife.

The Dawngaurd one is definitely worth getting just for Serena she's a great and powerful follower. The quests are very long and you take in some great sights.

I'm going to finish the Thieves Guild Quests today and i need to take a break from this game.. it's to addictive.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Someone at Bethesda has let slip that there'll be no more DLC for Skyrim now, so for those that trade-in games go knock yourself out.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That was to be expected. i finished the main quest today. sadly i'm only level 36

wilskywalker

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ahh Skyrim...Let me count the ways...

So, I am around 240 hrs into Skyrim, amazing game. Incidentally, even though I have played it for so long, I still haven't actually finished the main quest, Skyrim's ability to distract you is probably one of it's strongest points.

As I refuse to pay the bloated PSN DLC prices I recently upgraded to the Legendary Edition which includes said DLC and all patches to date...I traded in the original and only spent £15 in all, which I was quite happy with...even got the bloke in the shop to let me keep the original physical map made of nice cloth-like material!

Don't really see me getting bored with this game for a long time to come...and by the way I originally bought it on 11.11.11 so definitely got my monies worth.

Currently, I play new games when they are released and then go back to Skyrim in between releases. Playing Diablo III at the moment, but I will be back to Skyrim in due course :)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aaahhh Skyrim, bloody fantastic game. Wonderful graphics and scenes. Am playing on PS3, agreed about getting distracted I have to remind myself to stick to my task at hand. Im not too clued up on PC games but from what I hear there are so many mods ( I think thats the term ) you can do. Hopefully crack into it again this weekend. Enjoy your gaming

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Currently, I play new games when they are released and then go back to Skyrim in between releases. Playing Diablo III at the moment, but I will be back to Skyrim in due course :)
I play fairly similarly - I get caught up in the hype, buy a new game, play it for a bit (or complete the story) & then go back to old favourites.

I've barely skimmed the surface of Skyrim but would love to invite you along to join @mick @Dogstar & I for the next Diablo 3 meet - I'll create a meet now.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh dear. I've just rediscovered my Skyrim disc.
Last save file I was at 75.5 hours - currently doing the Thieves Guild missions...

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am too changing my pants after seeing I can play Skyrim in VR. Small children and breakable objects will have to be removed when I am in full Dovahkin mode.

I wonder if you have to crouch in real life to sneak in game - might have to invest in a lot of Voltarol (other analgesics are available)!

DeanKind

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I've been re-playing this game recently (the special edition one) and I got suckered right into it again.
Think I'm well over 150 hours, not bad for a old game I've already completed on PS3 & Xbox 360.
I'm hoping the VR expansion or whatever it is will be good, as so far it's been very hit and miss. VR really needs a killer app which it doesn't really have the now
Also Bethesda really needs to move on from Skyrim, there's only so many times you can re-re-re-release the same game with wee add-ons here and there, lol
Just hurry with Elder Scrolls 6 pls :(

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some hands on experience can be read/seen here on polygon.
I was glad to hear movement is not limited to "teleport only" - as I thought from previous previews - but that you can also freely move.
Just a few more days and I'm tempted to pre-order instead of waiting for real reviews.