1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Skyrim

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Games' started by HaloJ, 8 Aug 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Yet another patch incoming for Skyrim. On Thursday 1.7 will be available with the following fixes.

Most notable for PS3 uses is that this patch includes the mounted combat feature that we missed out on with 1.6.

Abs

2. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I'll start playing this again when Dawnguard Is released.

3. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    We're still way behind on playing this. Playing it on Martok's profile with about 100 hours so far but made the mistake of having a helper with us stealing kills so our character is a little weak at the moment.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Sold this 4 glitches made it impossible to get my platinum and after a sh!t load of hours playing I decided to play other games :)

Great game shame it was released broken and took so long to fix

5. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    We hung back and waited for the patch. I enjoyed Oblivion and Fallout but when New Vegas came out an utter buggy mess I passed it by. That buggy mess made me cautious when it came to Skyrim. I think we only picked it up after the 1.4 patch and it must have been at a bargain price as well.

6. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    yeah never buy a bethesda game when it first comes out on ps3, mind you could say that about most games these days, early adoptors are the quality control. Still I did the love the rotaty head fallout 3 bug, ooh and the no head, just eyeballs characters in Dragon age were freaky.

7. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Bought it on release day. Sold it about 2 weeks later one I completed it and realised its oblivion with a different name and setting. Dunno what they said they made better but they must have forgot to do it. Waste of time and garbage to me which is a shame as I have every elder scrolls game since morrowind with all add ons.

8. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I managed to break it in a few days, I have a bug at one of the cities, the guards won`t arrest me and apparently they need to for me to continue. So i wont be able to complete that portion of the game annoyingly, maybe a bug fix will help.

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Have you tried again since any of the recent patches? As apparently 1.4 was the one that forced all the scripts to rerun themselves as you entered an area and thus releasing some of the old bugs.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Supposedly but it didn't work for me :(

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Even the 360 version isnt exactly bug free either. Bugs me, because you play Two Worlds 2 which is just as epic, and it runs and plays fantastically. Plus its by far the best magic crafting system I have ever seen in an RPG. Its done by collectable playing cards which you can stack up to boost the spells power. Sounds lame but its not, because you can literally invent your own spell. A wild claim I know, but check out the vid for a flavour

12. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I have run the game with the last patch and it didnt solve the problem I had but I am hopeful that maybe the next patch will sort it out, it is a known bug as far as I have seen other people with it on the forums.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    They told me to start again, as the glitches had already happened :-\ not a solution after so many hours.

See my below blog post :)

http://wp.me/p1dvqk-42

14. farfromsane

farfromsane Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    Just remembered yesterday i got this game as Christmas present. Haven't a clue what i'm doing. i'll figure it out eventually

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    My advice would be to not accept any followers other than what you can conjour. Followers getting kills means you're not levelling your skills and you'll find yourself at a disadvantage later in the game.

16. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Dont chase down the main quests straight off. Have a nice little wander and open up the map area. It'll give you some fast travel points, plus get you used to some combat. Big tip, hold on to any dragon bones you get in the game. When you get good enough, you will be able to craft the best weapons and armour with this stuff. Plus when your smithing, make sure you up the ante by making and drinking as many smithing potions as you can. Every potion you take stacks and increases the effectiveness of your armour and smithing. And dont forget to enchant some jewellry too, to buff that smithing ability up even further. My Dragon sword (Legendary) does about 1400 points of damage per hit, which is a one hit kill on a bear and about 2 on a giant.

17. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I'm 150 hours In and only done a few main quests. As for the follower slowing down your progress, I don't think It adds that much time on, I give my follower a soul trap weapon and all of my empty soul gems. Actually I have my own posse, A follower, A spectral assassin that can be summoned and my horse.

18. farfromsane

farfromsane Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I Haven't done many quests as of yet. I'll have to remember that about the smithing potions. I did learn one thing today that is to make sure i save a lot haha

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    When I was playing I made a lot of daggers and leather armour to get my smithing up. In the end I had a house full of awesome weapons and armour. I really did enjoy the game just a shame I had so many glitches stopping me getting my platinum :'(

20. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I made 8000 arrows to boost my smithing.