The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

SirAussie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SirAussie, 21 Aug 2012.

1. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    Hi all my name is Chris 32 yrs old married with nearly 2 kids (one still has 9weeks to go untill it's ready) :D I am a big big fan of first person shooter games so right now I am working my way up the ranks in killzone3. I get on when I can but I am very limited by a wife who hates gaming consoles so I generally don't play when she or the 2yr old is around. :cry:. I also have an Xbox but that stays hidded until I have to work away and the only game I have for that is battlefield 3.

I would love to become a member but I don't have a headset as yet, it is my birthday in a week so I may trade my new BBQ in for one :lol: so for now I would love to be a friend to killzome players so less people will shoot me :D ( my kill death ratio is absolutely terrible due to spawn campers). Feel free to add me as a friend if u play killzone

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi chris, some if ylus play killzone on wed nights, you are welcome to join in. Are you in oz currently, cant see your info on my phone.
    Battlefield 3 is the top game with us lot but we play it on the ps3. what other games are you planning to get?

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi mate and welcome to the seniors :thumbup:

That's a swear word over here mate and something you won't find any of these members doing as they're far too decent (and mature) :clap:

4. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    Yep living in Perth Australia, what time zone Wednesday nights? Would love to join if I'm not at work, and Ill try and trade my bf3 game for a ps3 version so I can join in. Not sure about what other games are on the horizOn just yet but I'll keep ya posted :)

5. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Welcome to the seniors, some of us can still remember when we called em the colonies. You must be our most distant prospective member. Sorry to hear the wife hates consoles, mine may not like them but she at least appreciates my interest and lets me get on with it, I thinkon the basis that when I am playing she knows exactly where I am (she can hear me swearing at the telly from wherever she is in the house).

Anyway killzone is usually 8.30 pm GMT on a wednesday and there is regular seniors contingent playing if you fancy looking us up.

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Welcome to Seniors Chris.

Congrats on the bump/soon to be baby, no doubt you're gonna be a whole new definition of "busy" all too soon.

I don't play Killzone myself...actually at the moment i'm exclusively playing Battlefield 3, there's just so much to work towards i'm not sure i'll ever be done with it. I am looking forward to a couple of games coming out soon though, both Borderlands 2 and Need For Speed Most Wanted, hopefully i'll catch you on one of those games in the near future.

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Chris and congratulations by the way!! :thumbup: :clap:

You and me both. My wife and girls hate computer games with a passion. Ive been slowly brainwashing one of my daughters, who is now a massive Minecraft fanatic. Backfired a bit as I couldnt get her off my 360, so I let her have my old Elite and got a lovely 250GB slim model in to the bargain. :shifty: :lol: Theyre pretty much PS3 all the way here, but some of us do game (me especially) quite a bit on the 360.

If youve an old PS2 headset they work lovely on the PS3, but of course you do have loads of cables strewn across the floor. I used to use my old Motorola phone bluetooth headset which worked fine too. Looked a bit Chad Valley (it had a faux silver coating which just made it look even cheaper than it was). You are missing out without a headset, as half the fun in gaming with us is the banter. I was initially shy in talking over the comms, but once you hear us all gassing and talking crap it'll feel like youve known us for years ;) .

As for Killzone 3 then you're in good hands over here. We love Killzone 3 a lot (and Uncharted, and Battlefield etc etc).

I love Perth. Stayed there for about 3 weeks years ago. Lovely place and lovely people. Actually I tell you what, pay for my air fair and put me up for a while and I'll bring you a free Sony headset. Sod it, I'll splash out on some Sharkoons for you!! :D

Welcome to the Seniors

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the Seniors' home, SirAussie. :) Congrats on the bump, I'm sure you'll be kept busy with that in the next few weeks!

So, a player of Killzone 3? Glad to hear you like the game. As has been said, we play it every Wednesday evening at 8.30pm UK time. What time would that be for you? Would you be able to sneak on for a game before work?

Battlefield 3 is the other big game around here at the moment, with some folks on most evenings. This week we've got main sessions on Thursday and Saturday, which I guess would equate to Friday and Sunday mornings. Would you be able to make it on at these times to game with us?

So, how did you hear about us? We're always interested in finding out how news on this place has spread.

Tell us a bit about your gaming history, us oldies do like to reminisce about games and consoles from years gone by. What computers and consoles have you played on and what games do you remember playing?

Hope to see you online soon. :)

9. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    I love need for speed, completed most of the older versions :)

Thanks for the offer slain :lol: I'll keep it in mind

Martok, I heard about seniors in the kz3 forum I also signed up with Clanz (casual league of Australian & NZ gamers) but as soon as I mentioned kz3 they the only comment I got was " that pi** poor excuse of a game" so I kinda wrote them off pretty quick lol. My gaming history goes back as far as the Atari and have gone through sega master system, mega drive, megacd, 2 chipped xboxes (original) Xbox 360, ps3, psp, wii, currently only have the 3 xboxes and a ps3 the 2 original Xboxs are not working because I needed the hard drives out of them :P but thank u to everyone for the congrats as most of u will know it's pretty stressfull for the husband when his wife is pregnant lol

10. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    Games that I have Played that I have really liked are,
    Need for speed (most of them), fable, halo, command and conquer kill zone3 and battlefield 3

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    G'day cobber,

So, Are you an Englander who lives there or are you a local boy who lives there............erm.

Anyway, Nice to meet you :)

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Well KZ3 and BF3 are already popular here and going by the way it's shaping up, Need for Speed Burnout Most Wanted will be a big hit here. :)

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
  14. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Welcome Chris, :) Congratulations mate i'm sure you'll be in for a few sleepless nights when your second arrives, I remember when we were at that stage and only got a few hours here & there. I don't own KZ3 anymore but I might pick it up again if its popular around here.

I've only just joined SNR myself but I can tell you its a great friendly place where you can chat about anything. Hope you manage to find a headset it makes a massive difference, especially to Acegadgets who will talk your ear off :D I'm only just learning to shoot and talk at the same time.

See you soon. :)

15. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    I am actually a kiwi but moved to aus when I was 12 yrs old, my father is from Liverpool, I have a brother in the uk somewhere and my wife lived in Manchester for a while. So England is pretty much my 3rd home away from home :D

Martok, just saw that :D

16. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome to SNR good sir :thumbup:

Make yourself comfortable and I hope to see you online soon.

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Heh so you're half Scouse?!

I originate from the Wirral and my dad is a Scouser too. I've not got the hair and the 'tache though. :lol:

18. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've never learnt to shoot and talk at the same time, maybe that's why i'm so hopeless when i'm online.

Just say the word chris and my headset is on its way to you.

19. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    We've got a Killzone 3 event tonight at 8.30pm UK time. That may be stupid-o'clock your time but if you are able to make it, that would be great. If not, I'll look at jumping on KZ3 on Friday night late our time (which I think will be Saturday morning your time) if you're allowed to play then, though could wait until after your birthday for when you've got comms?

20. SirAussie

SirAussie Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    SirAussie
    That will be 330am which isn't too bad seeing I get home from work at 230am :) and it's my birthday lunch Saturday so chances are I won't be on but I sent u a friend request with the hope that soon I'll catch u online :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice