• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Shelf life

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So after a month or so of constant grinding, how long do you think you will keep Destiny in your console?
Personally I'm still hooked, I'm a sucker for building up a character so could see mystery sticking with it till I hit Lvl 30 at which point there should be some new dlc and a new raid to keep me going, I may be on till the new year.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive kind of moved on. I got Shadow Of Mordor, completed it, bought Alien Isolation, which I now need to do before Far Cry 4 and Unity turn up. Then Christmas is upon us, with at least Dragon Age to play....

I do intend to play it again, but when I cannot say.:lol:

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive moved on, I will return when I feel like it. Gone back to do unfinished business on PS3.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Long since gone. Put me off playing for a few weeks even. Just one of a few recent titles that were disappointing and couldn't match the hype.

Gone back to AC4 and play that a little when I can. Looking forward to AC5 now.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also moved on weeks ago, but I'll at least play it a bit again when the 2 DLC packs come, since that was already included in my preorder.
Did Shadow and now back to Diablo 3 until AC: Unity and shortly after that Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Funnily enough I'm still hooked as was on last night. That could be because I've played as much as I want to of my other games. I've completed all my boxed PS4 games except Alien which is next. Personally I'm really enjoying the Vault of Glass. Hopefully there will more strikes/raids for 6.

Having said that I'm looking forward to Far Cry 4 as loved FC3

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The raid is the only thing that is interesting to me now. I am not sure whether to trade it in or not, might wait til dlc reviews come in, but the rumoured content isn't looking like enough to keep this fresh enough, all the missions in the game are truly old now, can hardly face another run through the same old crap, adding a couple of new strikes will hardly change that in a meaningful way. Structure of destiny as a game has so many disconnected elements, none of which mesh together, multiple currencies, no rewards for doing well, character races that have no bearing on anything, character classes that nearly have no bearing on anything, the story is incoherent and looks downright odd when you have to keep replaying sections of it over and over.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm back om the Battlefield. Can't handle the grinding element.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still happy grinding away at the moment, I'm not playing this very often though, maybe two or three nights a week (none this week) and don't expect it to last a great deal longer, I'm already maxed at level 29 with my Titan and not far behind with my Warlock at 27.

You can only achieve level 30 with raid gear so that would be the final step but I've only tried a raid once when the group was clearly too low level to just jump on and do it without good organisation.

Thankfully there's new DLC coming for Brokenfield4 that will keep me busy/frustrated and hopefully we'll start getting some proper games through on PS+ now too.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It will keep me entertained for a few more months I'd say. I need to max out warlock and hunter abilities and fully upgrade and exotic weapon. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never get the platinum as the raid trophies are ridiculous. Can't even finish a normal raid, let alone one on hard, and one with no one in the fire team dying.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can't even finish a normal raid, let alone one on hard, and one with no one in the fire team dying.
The first part of that won't be too difficult, particularly if you're willing to pay for the DLC as it raises the level cap.

It's only two levels higher isn't it? That's the equivalent of attempting the normal raid at level 27 if you have your character at level 29.

Without anyone dying? That's gonna be very difficult relying on other people.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I too am disappointed by this repetetive shooter.

I think I will either be dealing with my Minecraft addiction, doing Shadow of Mordor and return to BF4 for some repetitive shooting that doesn't appear to be repetitive to me!

Although PS4 vs Real Life balance has been more on Real Life than PS4 over the last month.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hmmmm I do seem to be in a minority then.
It'll just be me @Plaxinator & @Dogstar doing the same lvl over and over and over and over...

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any game gets repetitive if you play it and nothing else. You could say Brokenfield 4 is a repetitive shooter. Personally I'm not remotely interested in unlocking all the mods etc. Having said that thank god we're all different and like different games!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Starting new characters spices things up a bit. It's a change trying out new abilities and what not. Also you get a bit bolshy being a high level. As a low level you get put in your place more often. What with low level armour and shit guns. Oh no, an enemy has breathed in my direction. Oh no I'm dead.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like that no matter what level you are the jumping stays the same. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is a lot of misinformation about jumping being bandied about 'ere. I feel obliged to remedy this and educate you all. You have to unlock the jumping ability (it's the 2nd one after the grenade). Also the Warlock practically floats when you jump, unlike my fatty arse Titan.

There is only one universal truth and that is life is far simpler when jumping is not involved.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Playing Diablo 3 RoS more than anything and getting really into it again, still do have a quick go on Destiny now and again with the hope of getting a few more rare fusion rifles to break down.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any game gets repetitive if you play it and nothing else. You could say Brokenfield 4 is a repetitive shooter. Personally I'm not remotely interested in unlocking all the mods etc. Having said that thank god we're all different and like different games!
I think you are absolutely right most multiplayer games eventually get to a point where they become repetitive, it is the nature of the beast , games we love, we play and tend to play to death.

I think the reason the issue is being raised about Destiny is that Destiny does so little to mitigate and hide the repetition. It rarely tries to alter what you do mission to mission, even brokenfield chucked in the occasional driving section. In destiny you start the game running and shooting and end the game running and shooting, its overly generous auto aim makes the shooting feel snappy but it also means you pretty much start off as good as you are going to get. It lacks a sense of progression you make no choices as to the skills you unlock or in what order and no weapon has much in the way of quirks to learn. Your innate ability to play shooters is more important than learning the game systems, gadgets or levels. What all this means is you run through all the different sections of Destiny fairly quickly and all the sections are pretty, but pretty similar and a little bland at times.

Last edited: