• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Sharkoon issue

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My Sharkoons no longer function as a surround sound headset, The volume control used for voice now controls the surround sound volume and I have no idea why or how to get it to work properly.
Would you people with the Sharkoon Xtatic digital headset give yours a try and let me know? Cheers.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've used mine since the last system patch and the volume control for voice still worked on the voice channel.

I'll report back next time I get a chance to use them.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine is fine will test them tonight though and post on here with the result.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Maybe you could post your PS4 and control unit set up too?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to reply.

My headset is definitely functioning how it should in terms of the voice channel.

On your settings menu, check the Sound and Screen menu, inside there goto Audio Output Settings and you should have your Output to Headphones set to "Chat Audio" not "All Audio" that I suspect you might be running....this will set the chat audio to go to the headset via the USB connection, leaving the game audio outputting via optical which is picked up by your decoder box.

I'm sure you've already managed to sort this out, but figured i'd post it here incase anyone else has a similar issue.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It sorted itself out a couple of days ago, Now works properly again but not a lue as to how, But cheers anyway :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot to reply lol sorry Dave :(