• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 SHAREfactory video editor and other key features coming to PS4

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

As we mentioned last month during GDC, we’ll be releasing a major system software update for PlayStation 4 that will add some exciting new features that many of you have been asking for. Today, I’m pleased to announce a few of those features from PS4 system software update (v1.70) available soon, which includes features that were incorporated as a result of your great feedback. This will be a significant update, and today we’re excited to bring you a sneak peek of just a few things you can look forward to.

Introducing: SHAREfactory
The 1.70 update will enable “SHAREfactory,” our new rich video editor app for PS4 that makes it easy for you to customize your gameplay videos.

With SHAREfactory, you can now easily combine your captured video clips for editing, personalize them with special effects using filters, transitions and themes and share them with your friends and social networks. SHAREfactory also allows you to personalize your videos by adding text, stickers and a set of included audio tracks, as well as video commentary with picture-in-picture capability with PlayStation Camera. It also allows you to import original music to add to the custom soundtrack for your video.

Take Your Share Anywhere
Once you’re done with your masterpiece, you can easily share your SHAREfactory videos to Facebook, or export them to an external USB storage device to upload them anywhere, another new feature coming as part of the 1.70 system software update. Other PS4 SHARE enhancements include the ability to change the recording time of your gameplay to shorter increments, the ability to change who you share your clips with on the SHARE screen, and the removal of default saves for screenshots and video clips. In addition to these SHARE enhancements, the 1.70 update will allow you switch off HDCP, enabling you to capture video directly from your HDMI output so you can record and share longer clips of your gameplay sessions – a feature I know many of you have been waiting for. We are excited to see what the PlayStation Nation does with these new social features and cannot wait to get them into your hands!

Play the Minute a Game is Released
Providing you with immediate access to your games is a priority designed into the PS4, and something we will always strive to make better. We’ve had a great response from PS4 fans about the “Play as You Download” feature, the snappy load times when launching and playing games, and the general speed and responsiveness of the UI. The 1.70 update adds features to build on this idea and make it faster to play the games you preorder with an auto pre-download capability, which allows you to pre-download your select pre-ordered game up to 4 days prior to release. If your auto-download feature is set up correctly, it will automatically pre-download your pre-ordered game so you can play the second the game is unlocked on release day.

As I mentioned earlier, some of these features were a direct result of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, our dedicated gamer community. We enjoy listening to your comments, and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts with us. And this is just the beginning. We’ve got a lot more coming in PS4 system software update v1.70 and beyond. The PS4 experience will constantly evolve and new innovative ideas can come from anywhere to ensure the platform continues to deliver the best in gaming and entertainment every time you turn it on.

We’ll have more information to share about new upcoming features for this major system software update as the release approaches, so stay tuned!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
hardly key features.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
More features are coming too but I kind of like it :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm impressed by the looks of the video editor, and then a little disappointed that it's only 'original music' that you can add to your video from there....although to be able to do the grunt of the editing work directly on my PS4 rather than my ageing macbook or some clunky ass Windows app is encouraging.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I presume that this message s why I am unable to play on my PS 4 tonight. update 1.70 seems to be on its way. Anyone know how long the network is down for?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I presume that this message s why I am unable to play on my PS 4 tonight. update 1.70 seems to be on its way. Anyone know how long the network is down for?
I wouldn't assume the network maintenance is to do with the update, i'd assume it's more to do with the fact that the network has been flakey as hell for the last week.

What's annoying is that I can't play on any of my games as they all require a connection to verify the bloody licence.....

PS3 time it is then

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was unable to connect for nearly an hour last night. If there had been an update, it would have been acceptable.
This video thing seems a good addition, i may start to pop up some video clips when its active

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Release date for this has been confirmed as 30th April.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tomorrow not today :-S

It is today at 12:15 Playstation EU twitter reported tomorrow as the release the muppet lol

Last edited:

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Here's my first attempt of using Share Factory. I had to add some commentary to make a tit out of myself.:D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In bloody stitches you need to make more of these and get them shared to balls on Twitter commentary is a hoot.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thats brilliant @Wilks. Very amusing. I did my first Sharefactory too, with audio AND video. Its on Facebook as im too lazy to move it over to Youtube

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
"Ruth bloody Maddock" lmao

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New SHAREfactory update out tomorrow, The Last of Us Remastered theme included
Plus, you can now import screenshots into your video projects

Since the launch of SHAREfactory in April, we’ve seen so many creative videos that PS4 fans have shared with the world and it’s been truly inspiring. Today, I’m pleased to announce some new updates we are adding to SHAREfactory through a patch that will be released tomorrow. This includes new features, as well as some improvements based on your feedback.

Here’s a quick look at what you can expect:

• The Last of Us theme: Just in time for the launch of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4, the new patch will add custom themes from the critically-acclaimed action-adventure game, so you can spice up your captured gameplay moments with SHAREfactory. The new TLOUR theme includes 39 new stickers, six new transitions, two new background images plus new intro, outro and title clips.
  • Import screenshots into projects: You’ll be able to import screenshots from your capture gallery to the SHAREfactory videos you create. This is a feature that many of you have requested, and we are really excited to bring this to SHAREfactory to make it easier for you to create your memorable moments. Keep those requests coming!
  • Pro Tip: You can also include photos captured using Photo Mode, which is available for inFAMOUS Second Son and will also be released for The Last of Us Remastered, on Wednesday. Photo Mode is a great way to enhance your gameplay screenshots and add your artistic talents to make the photos much more mesmerizing.
  • Additional updates: With this patch, you’ll also notice some newly added filter effects and stickers, as well as UI improvements. We are always trying to give you the players more fun tools to make your video projects that much better!
So who’s ready to start creating their next SHAREfactory masterpiece with The Last of Us Remastered on PS4? Be sure to share your videos using#PS4share. We love seeing what you guys can come up with.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
SHAREfactory update adds themes and new features today
A raft of additions to the PS4’s video editing software go live

Hey PlayStation nation! Since the launch of SHAREfactory, we’ve enjoyed watching many of the unique video projects produced by creative fans like you. We’ve also been listening to some of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, and today we’re excited to release our latest update for SHAREfactory, which will add more themes and tools you’ve requested that will enable you take your creativity to the next level.

First, let’s talk themes. With this latest update, you’ll now be able to download SHAREfactory themes directly from PlayStation Store. And to kick things off, we’re adding new themes to PS Store today, including:

• Destiny
  • Little Big Planet 3
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
  • SHAREfactory: ’80s
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  • Killzone Shadow Fall (see the theme in action here)

We’re just getting started, so be sure to keep checking PS Store for the latest SHAREfactory themes.

This update also adds a new gallery feature that makes sharing even easier. My Gallery is a new section within SHAREfactory that allows you to easily view and share your completed projects. Just simply press the SHARE button from this screen and quickly upload videos to YouTube and Facebook without leaving the SHAREfactory app.

You can also add an extra level of personalization on all of your SHAREfactory projects. Based on user feedback, the new update also allows your profile picture and avatars to be added as stickers for your projects.

We are continuing to work hard on adding new enhancements for SHAREfactory, and we’re always listening to your feature requests and suggestions. Please keep them coming, and stay tuned for future updates. Enjoy!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sharefactory Update 2.0 -Animated GIFs, Photo Mode, PS4 Pro Support, and more
Plus, you can now share your 1080p videos and 4K screenshots with the world

A new Sharefactory update is releasing today with new features that will make Sharefactory more than just a video editor. With Sharefactory update 2.0, you can create animated GIFs, photo collages, and more. Also, with the launch of PS4 Pro just around the corner, Sharefactory will also support the system with this new update.

We’re excited about the new animated GIFs feature, which can be easily shared to Twitter right from your console via Sharefactory. Using content from your Capture Gallery or your existing Sharefactory projects, you can create looping animated GIFs up to 10 seconds long.

Sharefactory is currently the only way to create and share animated GIFs on PS4.

The new update also adds Photo Mode – a great way to show off some of your best trophy and gaming moments. You can easily create custom photo collages with up to six photos. You can also utilize most of the existing filters and effects from Sharefactory to add to your photos.

Additionally, Sharefactory’s 2.0 update will support PS4 Pro’s high-resolution content so you can create, personalize, and share your 1080p videos and 4K screenshots with the world, straight from your Capture Gallery.

Other features in this update include:

• Projects now export up to 20% faster
  • Pan & Zoom on your gameplay videos
  • New Sharefactory stickers
  • Meme font
  • Split clip feature can now be utilized on Track 2
  • Refreshed UI
Since the initial launch of Sharefactory, we’ve been working hard to add new features to enhance the sharing experience on PS4, such as the ability to import your own music tracks, add audio and video commentary with green screen effects, export up to 60 minute videos and more. We appreciate the feedback we received from the community and we will continue to work hard to make more enhancements to Sharefactory.

We’re excited to see the new content you create. As always, let us know what you think. Have fun with 2.0!

Source: Sharefactory Update 2.0 -Animated GIFs, Photo Mode, PS4 Pro Support, and more

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everything you need to know about SHAREfactory’s latest update, out today
New transitions, comic book-style, faster loading times and lots more

Today we’re pleased to announce a new SHAREfactory update – v3.00 – which includes new themes and a variety of features requested by the community, including camera effects and text/sticker animations.

First – we’re happy to add two new themes with this update. The first theme is a “comic book-style” theme, which is packed with content including three intro, title and outro clips, eight transitions, three backgrounds, 39 stickers and a comic style font. The second theme is a special one for our PlayStation fans. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Uncharted franchise from Naughty Dog, we’ll have a dedicated theme to honor this critically-acclaimed franchise.

The new update also includes seven new camera effects. You can use the new “Hollywood-style” effect to add more flair to your edits. Add quake, bounce, stomp, pulse and more to enhance your best gameplay achievements.

Additionally, SHAREfactory’s 3.00 update allows you to add custom animations to your text and stickers. You can choose from many different types of beginning, middle and ending animations on your overlays, as well as control the duration of your text and stickers.

Other features in this update include:

• Improved video USB import feature to support more videos
  • Over 20 new transitions and two new filters
  • Audio ducking to automatically lower game clip volume when Commentary is present on Track 2
  • Improved load times
  • New Project view options including Zoom for easier editing
  • UX improvements

We appreciate the feedback from our fans and we’re always working to update the service by adding new features and enhancements that are highly requested by our fans. It’s always exciting to see how creative PlayStation fans are using SHAREfactory, and we look forward to more epic videos from the community. Have fun and happy editing!

Source: Everything you need to know about SHAREfactory’s latest update, out today