PS4 Share Facility only uploads to Facebook

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After Martok mentioning in chat yesterday about share facility I thought I would try it out.

Getting a video clip is easy, just holding down your Share button and the last 15 mins of whatever you were doing are automatically saved off to your hard drive.

Apparently hitting share quickly will take a screenshot.

Double tap share will start a recording from that point onwards ( I think 15 mins is still the limit though).

Once you have got a clip back in main menu selecting Share agin brings up what you have saved off and you then have the option to trim video and upload.

The bugger is uploading is only to Facebook, which although is nice, most of my FB friends are not interested in BF4 and my helicopter kill! Plus not all my PSN friends I have on FB.

I hope at some point in the future we can select "upload to" to include Youtube or any other video streaming service, like Vimeo.

Probably another reason for Acegadgets not to get a PS4!

;)

Apart from that it was pretty painless...

I think the long tap/short tap may be wrong, this is me remembering not readinga manual!

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they haven't added the ability to share to YouTube yet. :|

Anyway, you can embed Facebook videos in these forums as well as the Media Gallery so if you do have any, feel free to add them. :)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just did that into a personal album, that was even easier!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Even better, if your in a tense battle, shouting "snapshot" at your camera does the trick too. You can also reprogram the share button to your preferred choice of function (ie hold for Video instead, etc etc) . And @c00ky if you hold the share button in your can stream to Ustream or Twitch.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can you take a snapshot of a video you've already saved?

Just thinking the 15 minutes of never to be repeated carnage, with you being a one man (or woman) killing machine, may present the perfect picture moment for historical archiving.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can also use www.downvids.net if you wish to capture the facebook video and upload to YouTube. I've seen some results and the quality is really good.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can also use www.downvids.net if you wish to capture the facebook video and upload to YouTube. I've seen some results and the quality is really good.
Cool. I shared a video on here yesterday, but some people can't see it due to my facebook restrictions. I must get around to downloading it and chucking it up on here again.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't use Facebook myself but I created an account just to grab the video url and convert it.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's not without bugs though! I thought something was wrong a few weeks back but I thought I done something wrong but it's happened this week too and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere on the net too

It don't always seen to save the video you intend to share, for example I had a good metro game the other week and was going to show it to a non premium member, what I got was caspian border for 15 mins instead even though the thumbnail clearly shows a clip from metro!
As I said this isn't the 1st time either

When it works it's good though, it's just not perfect yet!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
FYI all the link above http://www.downvids.net/ tried to install a malware virus on my PC so be careful what your clicking.