• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Senior Gamers 2nd Anniversary Meet 2014

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Two years ago Senior Gamers was born and on the weekend of 27th - 29th June, members of the community travelled from various locations around the UK to meet up in Worcester.

On the Friday some members made their way to the Anniversary Meet where the organisers @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5 had already prepared for their arrival.

SNR01.jpg

Dunder and Mifflin waiting patiently for the guests to arrive, probably hoping that they had some tasty food

On the Saturday, the rest of the Seniors made their way to Worcester via the wonders of the rail network and numerous train changes or via Britain's motorways laden with idiot drivers who insist on driving in the middle lane no matter what...

The afternoon's fun was at Top Barn just a few miles outside Worcester. Despite heavy rain for much of the day, it managed to stop and hold off for most of the time after we arrived.

SNR04.jpg

@DrewePeacock, @ColSonders, @HERMAN_JELMET, @Plaxinator, @HaloJ, @Dogstar, @Martok, @NitaNitro5

We all started with some team activities, the first one deciding on how to split ourselves into two groups. Suggestions of @ColSonders vs everyone else, Beards vs smooth chins and Battlefielders vs Warframers were eventually discarded for the scientific approach of splitting down the middle based on where you were standing.

There were various activities:

Getting the black container out of the circle using only two ropes
SNR09.jpg

@ColSonders flexes his muscles again in front of Julia whilst @HERMAN_JELMET searches for some deoderant after getting a niff of Col's armpit. Meanwhile @DrewePeacock doesn't quite grasp the idea that you're not supposed to stand inside the circle

SNR05.jpg

Mocking others, led by @DrewePeacock and @ColSonders

Folding a tarpaulin in half again and again whilst standing on it, no feet to touch the ground.
SNR10.jpg

@HERMAN_JELMET, @DrewePeacock and @ColSonders haven't quite grasped how to do this activity. DreweP and Col discuss how best to fold bedsheets and get hospital corners

Putting up a tent blindfolded
SNR08.jpg

@HaloJ checks that @Dogstar's rod is firm enough whilst @Martok attempts to cover her to deaden the sound of her laughter. @Plaxinator mistakes the tent sheet for the soft insides of a wine box and tries to squeeze some last drops out

Moving along a field and back again on wooden 'skis'
SNR11.jpg

@HaloJ tries to co-ordinate the team and remember which is left and right whilst @Plaxinator, @Dogstar and @Martok seem more intent on staring at the bottom of the person in front of them

At the end of the activities, the teams were drawn at 71 points each. The winners were to be decided on the final activity, the shooting range.

Those who play shooting games with the default controller setup soon found out how wrong they are when they pushed forward to point their rifles upwards only to find that the gun pointed downwards. Yes, the inverts were right all along, you really do pull back to point upwards!

SNR20.jpg

@ColSonders and @HaloJ weren't at all competitive, no, definitely not

SNR19.jpg

@Martok makes excuses for a poor start to shooting as he hasn't got a left-handed gun - the weirdo

SNR31.jpg

@NitaNitro5 takes aim at some gypsies

SNR16.jpg

@DrewePeacock proves that all those hours on Battlefield 4 have been completely wasted as he can't hit a barn door

SNR37.jpg

The final individual scores. @ColSonders was first, @Dogstar was second and @HERMAN_JELMET was third

SNR40.jpg

@HERMAN_JELMET, @ColSonders, @HaloJ, @DrewePeacock, @Plaxinator, @Dogstar, @NitaNitro5, @Martok

Then we had some lovely surprise gifts from @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5!

SNR43.jpg
Neatly wrapped and labelled gifts for the Seniors

Every Senior who attended received their own set of personalised dog tags! What an awesome gift!!

SNR45.jpg

@Martok's dogtags

SNR47.jpg

@ColSonders' dogtags

SNR50.jpg

@Dogstar's dogtags

SNR48.jpg

@HERMAN_JELMET's dogtags. Yes, he has them taken so often in Battlefield 4 that he's unsure how to wear them

After that awesome end to the afternoon activities, the Seniors headed off to check into hotels or to chill out at @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5's before the evening's events. We all met up again at Detroit's for food and drink.

SNR63.jpg

Detroit's, an America style diner with a Worcestershire accent

SNR61.jpg

@HERMAN_JELMET, @Dogstar, @Plaxinator, @Martok, @HaloJ, @DrewePeacock, @NitaNitro5, @ColSonders

Firstly food and drink was ordered

SNR53.jpg

Whilst @Dogstar ponders on what to eat and @Martok just grins inanely, @Plaxinator suffers a brief moment of sobriety before her alcohol arrives

SNR55.jpg

@HaloJ attempts some bird watching after thinking she has spotted a bearded tit, only to discover it is @DrewePeacock

Whilst waiting for the food to arrive, @NitaNitro5 treated us to our very own Senior Gamers 2nd Anniversary Battlefield Crossword, which you can download here and try for yourself.

SNR58.jpg

@Martok, @HaloJ and @DrewePeacock all realise they are as bad at completing the Battlefield quiz as they are at playing the game

The food arrives and everyone begins to eat, most quite graciously...

image.jpg

@DrewePeacock, @NitaNitro5, Julia, @Dogstar

...others with great gusto...

SNR59.jpg

@ColSonders demonstrates that he can take a large portion of meat in his mouth

...and others make sure that nothing is wasted.

SNR62.jpg

@HERMAN_JELMET picks up every last scrap of meat with a skewer. He's not touching that beef tomato though or that healthy green stuff

With the meal finally done, we all headed back to @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5's where more snacks and alcohol awaited along with THE CAKE OF DOOM! 8143 calories of wonder made by @NitaNitro5's fair hands that was delicious!

SNR68.jpg

@NitaNitro5 and THE CAKE OF DOOM.

SNR69.jpg

The cake is cut and the calories ooze out into the atmosphere. Everyone within a 10 mile radius puts on 4 pounds in weight

After some food and drink, we are joined via the wonders of Skype by our favourite Kiwi... Fergus the dog!

SNR64.jpg

Fergus gives us the traditional dog greeting by presenting his arse

We also had to put up with his two owners, @Sportsvee and @Bloodfairy

SNR71.jpg

@Sportsvee does his impression of Jean Reno

Everyone had a chance to chat to @Sportsvee and @Bloodfairy and we were on for nearly 2 hours. It was great to see and speak to them. Well done to @Bloodfairy for surviving a telling-off by a well-wined @Plaxinator who most definitely did not approve of the wearing of hats indoors!

SNR74.jpg

@HaloJ, @Dogstar, Julia and @ColSonders

In the early hours we all headed off our separate ways, having had an absolutely fabulous day.

Sunday finally saw most of the Seniors travelling back to their various homes, though not before the delights of a full English breakfast for some back at Detroit's.

A big thank you to everyone who attended the 2nd Anniversary Meet:

@ColSonders, @Dogstar, @DrewePeacock, @HaloJ, @HERMAN_JELMET, Julia, @Martok, @NitaNitro5, @Plaxinator

A very big thank you to @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5 for the hard work they put into organising the weekend and the presents too. You made this a resounding success and you've raised the bar for next year's anniversary meet!

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have we travelled back in time? Since we haven't quite made it to the 27th - 29th July yet. Well not in this year anyway, or I'd know.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have we travelled back in time? Since we haven't quite made it to the 27th - 29th July yet. Well not in this year anyway, or I'd know.
You've been on the wine again, there's no mention of July in my post. :oops:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@DrewePeacock proves that all those hours on Battlefield 4 have been completely wasted as he can't hit a barn door
Two things. First thing. I hit stuff, they just didn't stay down after I hit them. Second thing. Nowhere have I ever claimed to be good at Battlefield 4!! :D :lol:

Really glad you all had fun though! And I know that's a third thing.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wasn't third, I was forth. Herman was third.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice read and pics:1thumbup:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Such a beautiful bunch of peeps to ;).

Well organised, and liked the touch of the dogtags.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, looks like you all survived Worcester, that's better than many manage! Sorry I couldn't make it...

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It seems like you guys had a great meet! Great :)
Me myself hardly can't type this due to extreme withdrawal symptoms from not shooting @Plaxinator or @DrewePeacock in over a week. Actually I've deliberately started to park badly now, just to try to remember how it feels to be in a squad with @NitaNitro5. Also, to my wifes not-so-strong amusement, I've picked up the habit of suddenly throwing myself to the ground holding my head like in pain screaming "Nooooo, not @ColSonders again!!".
Perhaps @c00ky wonders why he is not mentioned? Well... I'm looking forward to shoot himm too!

See you all (and that also includes those not tagged above) in a few weeks :)

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like you lot had loads of fun.