The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Say Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chrisb1975, 19 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chrisb1975

Chrisb1975 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Chrisb1975
    Hi All,

My name is Chris, I’m 43 years old, and can currently be found grinding the black armoury in search of loot.

Been a gamer since my parents bought an Acorn Electron back in the day. Stopping the cassettes mid load and hacking the code introduced me to my future career, although unfortunately not in creating games.

Spent many a happy season playing Football Manager on the PC, along with many variants of Command and Conquer. Ventured into N64 land with Goldeneye and Mario Kart before XBox, Wii and PlayStation entered the household. Gears of War, Halo, Legends of Zelda, Fifa along with a liberal dose of Grand Theft Auto spent many an hour on screen.

Destiny 2 (PS4) is currently my go to game, with RDR2 waiting in the wings.

Looking for fellow guardians who enjoy the grind but also love doing the end game activities.

Lectron17 and zoob like this.
  2. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hi @Chrisb1975 welcome to SNR. There are a few D2 players knocking about these parts but not sure how active they are. I used to literally live on Destiny, but didn’t take as well to D2. I’m still something silly like 320 light and haven’t played through the first DLC yet :D

zoob likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, @Chrisb1975! :wave:

So how did you find out about Senior Gamers?

I think I can guess when you were born if your PSN ID is anything to go by. ;) You young whippersnapper! :grandpa:I remember the Acorn Electron, that was a positively modern computer, I started back in the day with the ZX81 (1Kb RAM!!) followed by the ZX Spectrum (48Kb RAM and a rubber keyboard!).

There are a few who play Destiny, @zoob and @DrewePeacock to name but two. I didn't bother after Destiny 1 (which I didn't even bother with the DLC having been disappointed with the launch game). My current passion is Battlefield V (which is great even though some people on the internet may moan about it). Others around here are playing Warframe, Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 76 and more besides.

Make yourself at home, have a look around and join/start any discussions on the forums and hopefully you'll meet up with some Seniors online in due course. :)

zoob likes this.
  4. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Evening @Chrisb1975!

I’m currently enjoying the grind on D2. Just hit 591 on my Hunter, so haven’t really done the new DLC yet. Love the game, but haven’t had time to dedicate since Forsaken launched. I’m catching up though, and should hit 600 before Christmas.

I often have a party going, so feel free to join. I game with a clan more focussed on PVE end game. @zoob is also online regularly so will be another friendly face!

zoob likes this.
  5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright dude,
    I too started on the Acorn Electron, Welcome.

zoob likes this.
  6. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Evening @Chrisb1975 - Acorn Electron is a very good start!
    Did you go thru the humble Beeb to the Archimedes perchance?

Please do feel free to send an FR.

As @DrewePeacock pointed out Zenphorine and I are on quite regularly,
    generally prefering the PvE stuff (strikes, nightfall, blind well etc)
    and looking forward to finally completing at least one Forge plus the new Raid Lairs,
    so always on the lookout for a 3rd to join us.
    Ground up to 625 last night so and Zen isn't too far behind either,
    so we should hold our own in most cases. :D

7. Lectron17

Lectron17 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Lectron17
    Hey Chrisb 1975, Belated welcome to SNR Gamers. Good peeps here. Glad to meet ya.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice