The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Sat 27th Oct 8pm till midnight GT 5 - TURNING JAPANESE

Discussion in 'Events' started by Acegadgets, 23 Oct 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    We'll be turning japanese this weekend with 3 classes of cars used on a couple of tracks each. This week there is a time trial up on GT 5, so we can practice our cars on these tracks, try to post a faster lap than your fellow SNR racers, then race against each other at the weekend.

To start with we'll be warming up in the first hour and going ELECTRIC with some slower Japanese electric cars.
    Chose from the Prius, insight, Leaf, mitsubishi i_MieV or any other electric car you can find, up to 335pp. We'll be doing Tsukuba to start with and another track, possibly one of the twin ring tracks ? ONLY IF EVERYONE HAS THE DLC, if not there's plenty of others to choose from. I'm thinking RACING SOFTS should make a more interesting tyre choice, slow cars that can really take the bends flat out might be good?

After nine we'll move onto the cars that are used in this weeks time trial which are: Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ or the Scion FR-s. These can pushed up to 450 pp max with sports hards. If you don't have any of these, use any similar japanese car up to 450pp with sports hards. We can practice these in the time trial and have our first race on Grand valley. The second race, could again be on one of the twin ring tracks or Suzuka / Fuji.

Finally we'll be moving up to 600 pp and using Japanese JGTC race cars such as one of the four the Honda NSX's available in the dealers for almost a million. Racing hards are the tyres of choice for these cars. If you don't have wads of cash floating around then just find something similar. We recently raced the Indy road course which is this weeks time trial track, I'm happy to go there again for one race. Please post on here the tracks you would like to race on with these faster cars and discuss wether or not you have the montegi tracks.

As usual nothing is set in stone, feel free to suggest variations to the above.

2. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I think you can get a Scion-FR free from the store, just go to the PS3 Add ons section and it should be in with the GT5 stuff.

I might be a bit late on Saturday as the other half wants to go to the cinema to see the new James Bond movie. I'm going in the hope that I get to see Daniel Craig with his top off or something. Probably asking a bit much for another budgie smuggler scene.

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    :rofl:

Top man though. Im dying to see Skyfall but Im going to have to wait till it comes out on DVD or blu-ray. Costs too much for me and the family to go to the cinema, so I may as well wait for it to come out on DVD. :(

4. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Ace could you clarify something please, with the 335pp electric cars you have put Prius but that isnt electric its a hybrid, are hybrids allowed or does it have to be all electric ? (he says while polishing his non-Japanese Tesla )
    Is 335pp right, its not a typo by any chance is it :D

5. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    hybrids or all electric, bet you use your spoon tuned down to 335pp.

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    LOL! The Tesla was the first one I thought of until I saw the PP. As we're only going to be on some time after 9 I've only picked up a Scion and the Japanese Race Car.

Any sign of the Peacocks this week?

Abs

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I found that the GT academy Leaf was about the fastest Hybrid / Electric car. Its a bit tricky increasing the PP on these things as you cant stick the usual things on, thats why I went for 335 pp as its about the max on a couple of them and a bit too high for the Mitsubishi. The tesla would be a bit of a cheat as Its made in the silicon valley which unless the japanese have anexed it, dosn't really comply with our Japanese evening.
    Shame you cant get in till later, you'll miss the free Sushi, that i've layed on for the occasion. Probably wont be any "sake " left either.

8. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Thought the Tesla was actually made in the UK as most of it is a Lotus?

9. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
  10. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Assembly Hethel, Norfolk, England, probably in the Lotus factory.

11. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    It's looking unlikely that I will make tonight at all. I'm a bit pissed off really as family have decided that tonight is the night to celebrate my birthday which is on Tuesday. No one asked if that's what I wanted! I want to race.

Oh well guess I'll have to toe the line and be grateful! If I get back early enough I'll join in...

12. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    awww ChrissP your letting the side down, fake an illness or something :D

13. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Sorry guys. :0(

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I'm going to duck out but Andy is going to play. I'm full of a cold, coughing, spluttering and wheezing. Andy gets to play in the living room for once. I'll support from the sidelines. Wild have loved to play just can't keep my eyes open.

15. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I did a lot better this week. Came forth most of the time.

16. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    For those that wernt there, translated from girl speak this means "I'll be telling Andy what to do" :lol:

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Bloody back seat drivers! :roll:

18. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    :lol: :P

It was like playing B spec with a driver that gets hot headed when he's following someone. ;)

19. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    The "family" birthday thing for ChrissPeacock was actually a surprise party - Ha! Sucker... I'm still eating your cake. :D

20. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    :rofl:

Sorry I didn't make it. Instead of going to the Cinema with the other half I forgot that I was going 10 pin Bowling with a load of friends so I didn't make it on (Tuesday should be Cinema now instead). Should be okay for next Saturday, I don't *think* I've forgotten I've committed to anything else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice