• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Sat 26 Jul 22:00] Destiny Beta

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If anyone wants to receive a "permanent reward" for Destiny, make sure you are playing at 10pm BST.

"If you’ve already played, you haven’t seen everything yet. We’ve got some surprises in store, and if you play on Saturday, July 26th beginning at 2pm PDT, we’ve got a permanent reward on reserve that will commemorate the experience."

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry, got a friends birthday BBQ to go to and get hammered. If my taxi (aka Mr Plax) gets fed up and insists we have to go before I turn into a pumpkin I may gate crash. I may make less sense than normal though.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
By the way, what is the "SNR standard" for voicethingies, PSN party or ingame?
And how to know who/what/where to join in a PSN party (new to me)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
By the way, what is the "SNR standard" for voicethingies, PSN party or ingame?
And how to know who/what/where to join in a PSN party (new to me)
Most of the time we mostly use the psn party (or have been in the games I've been in).

Just go to the psn chat screen and select the group you want to join (press options and select view players if you want to check who's in it first before joining).

Link for extra info if you want/need it: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_To_Party_Chat

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If the chat room is full, just send an in game message saying hi and we can split room up so we all can chat!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What size can teams be? Only played a little due to other things.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fireteam ihn roaming is 3, or for a strike is 6. Public events - these are when something alnds and you have to kill it is however many people are in your instance.

PvP Crucible combat is I think 5 or 6 aside, not sure haven't played this in the Berta only the Alpha... doesnt float my BF4 boat

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PvP Crucible combat is I think 5 or 6 aside, not sure haven't played this in the Berta only the Alpha... doesnt float my BF4 boat
I think you just don't want to be shot in the face by a golden gun (N64 goldeneye flashback), blown apart by a novabomb or slammed by a titan - on second thoughts, I'll stick to the pve too :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers for the invite last night @Dogstar . I got booted to the main menu and then had trouble logging back in to Bungie. I then couldnt join your fireteam at all. Thanks for trying.
On a related note, how cool was being on the moon? Best campaign mission yet.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You lot were all over the place last night. There was about 5 chats on the go. I popped in briefly to chat with @Acegadgets & co before defecting to play with @Jenxy_ who took me to the moon and back.