The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Sat 13 Oct 7.30pm GT 5 Where's your engine?

Discussion in 'Events' started by Acegadgets, 8 Oct 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Tonight we'll be racing with 3 different configurations

A 400 pp race for Front wheel drive (FF) cars around the European city's of London, Madrid and Rome (sports soft's)

A 500 PP race using Mid engined cars (MR) on The Japanese tracks of Fuji and Suzuka and Tokyo route 246 (racing hards) Lotus V MR2 should be interesting

and a 650pp race for Larger Mid engined cars on the Le Mans (2 laps) and Indianapolis (5 lap road course) using any racing tyres that you think are suitable

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?drive=MR

The category of cars tie in with a number of the seasonal events that are still available , meaning you can test your cars in these categories on tracks gaining money and XP as you go.

I would prefer damage on light, slower car boost on (a bit) and racing grid order reversed so those in last in the previous race start in pole in the next.

Everything is "recommended" nothing set in stone so if you don't have time so shop and tune up , then don't panic, just use what you want.

Track list for future events (Here)
    http://eu.gran-turismo.com/local/gb/data1/products/gt5/courselist_en.html

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Count me in but cripes are we really going to be able to fit all that into one evening?

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I'll be there but not until 9.00-9.15pm as my daughter is staying for the weekend.

4. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Superb work again ace!

I'm happy to host until Martok joins us if you wish? :0)

5. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Spot the deliberate mistake :mrgreen:

Anyone in need of a car shout as soon as possible so someone can send you one :thumbup:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    FF - Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive
    FR - Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
    MR - Mid-Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
    RR - Rear Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
    AWD or 4WD - Normally Front Engine, All Wheel Drive/4 Wheel Drive

Do I get a prize? :D

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    OK edited F F S !

8. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    FFS Hmmmmm, not sure on that one... Front engine Front wheel drive Supercharged maybe :D :D :D

9. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Probably be on.

10. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    If we start around half seven and just do some warm up races in the front wheel drive cars as people join then by nine o'clock we should be onto the mid engined ones.
    I was faffing on last night with FF cars and tested them on the FF section of the seasonal events . This is set for up to 430PP but I stuck to 400 pp. The ones that I won earned me over 500,000 credits per race and the ones that I came in near the back of the pack still earned over 100.000. Ended up with another 10 cars in my garage and over 2 million still to spend.

11. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    I'm going away for the weekend from tomorrow so I won't be around :cry:

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ok dokey. 3 cars ready for tonight. Why, after an oil change does a cars pp slowly creep up? Got my MR to Bob on 500pp and it's crept up to 502 already! :o

13. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Yeah PP increases when the car is getting 'run' in then it drops off once the oil is used more.

Not gonna make it, doing qualifying for an online endurance race I've been entered in. Its for charity (in the States). So I may qualify or not and depends if my connection is up for it. Yes, I do know a nice American who don't slag anybody off.

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Wow! :o

Ok, when this game works (Ace's lag aside) it's pretty damn good. Had a superb evening of racing and even though we were late and got to race in all the classes we'd specified. To be racing well past 1am shows just how a good a nights racing it was. I need to learn to keep my focus as I gave my position away many times on the final few corners making silly mistakes although Mick* cracked me a blinder in the closing stages of one of the 500pp races dumping me back a few places.

The 650pp was a bit unbalanced really and maybe better specified as either 650 race car or 650 normal car. Very much enjoyed the 500pp MR races on Fuji, Suzuka and Tokyo. Raced a Lotus Evora which as I said many times last night is an absolute joy to drive! :clap:

Congratulations to Henrietta for repeatedly placing in the top positions! :thumbup:

* I think it was Mick but I can't be sure as I didn't see the rub as it came from the side.

EDIT : In the early hours we mumbled some form of agreement about next week being muscle cars. Ace won't be creating the event as he'll be late so if anyone else with knowledge of the game could that would be great.

15. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Aye, some great games. I clearly need to practice more 'cos I've been doing dreadful (hey at least I'm consistent :D ).

For the next event I'm going to choose my cars and practice with them before the event rather than just wing it on the night and see if that helps me come at least 2nd from last :rofl:

16. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I spent a few hours on Saturday afternoon getting 3 cars together and having a look at some of the tracks. Although that did lead to abject confusion on the Fuji track when I rammed into a wall where a chicane was supposed to be. We'll hopefully have something up early in the week detailing next weeks event. :thumbup:

17. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    oooh you cheeky bugger :D

Yes Idid give you a gentle tap approaching the finish at Suzuka but think of that as payback for using my car as a break the lap previous, when you stuffed me into the wall. :(

I think I should apologise to pretty much everyone for last night as I seemed to nudge everyone at one stage or other. Except for Plaxinator who got her rear end rubbed by me on more than one occasion. :D

18. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Sadly it's looking like Henrietta and myself will not make the next one due to family commitments. Pooo!

19. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    :o I did? I thought I was quiet well behaved in the Lotus and it would have been an accident if I did hit you. Although I admit I did retaliate on Martok during one of the races after he left me with no front end. ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :thumbdown:

20. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Might be able to sneak in late!......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice