The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Salutations!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChrissPeacock, 31 Aug 2012.

1. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    :wave: Hello to everyone, I trust you are all in fine health (Playstation Claw not troubling you too much)?

I’m a friend of DreweP as you may have gathered (nice to see our PSN names finally getting recognition!) and have played BF3 with a few of you online already (can I have my tags back now please Col) so thought I should introduce myself and maybe apply to wear the SNR tag along the way.

I’m Nigel, 40 later this year (wahoo!) and still not responsible enough to have my own kids. I live in the wetlands known as Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, with my wife and 2 cats.

Gaming-wise I started out with a Pong tennis console then took the Atari XL route (good systems, better than C64 or heaven forbid an Acorn!), moved on to an Amiga (with HDD) and have great memories of Barbarian, Moonstone and of course Superfrog.

Next it was PC’s and I ended up getting Techy for a living for a while so build my own rigs and was LAN gaming really early on (though I don't miss co-ax!). Doom obviously (I still remember shitting myself the first time I fitted a sound-card!), Duke Nukem and a lot of driving - Geoff Crammond's Formula One and network Q RAC rally championship were the stand out titles in the Pentium days.

I still play on the PC and that is where I got into Battlefield2, used to play mainly on an excellent server SkunkDogz, but these days the PC only sees driving games, in particular GTR2 – Gran Tourismo is great but if you want proper physics it has to be GTR.

Playstation-wise I’ve had ‘em all! As mentioned above I’ve played all the GT series to death, I have two G27 driving rigs and two PS3s as my wife plays also (HenriettaPeacock). I also used to play Bad Company2 a lot and before that, things like Burnout, GTA, Driver (why has that series gone so wrong?), loved NFS underground and have suddenly remembered VRally!!

You may have guessed that I am a total petrol head and am passionate about cars and bikes (motorbikes that is – exercise is for cowards!) but I will try most types of game if others are into it.

I’m self-employed (no one else will have me), an enthusiastic cook, build the odd plastic kit still and am currently trying to get back into R/C flying.

Well, that’s far too much about me, so let the insults begin!!

2. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Another cock has found his way to SNR. I can see a lot of similarities with the other members here (mine's fotoshopped but you'll get that one when more forums open up).

Anyhoo, welcome and nice to meet you. You've met a few on bf3 already, our main game at the moment. There are a few of us looking forward to the new NFS. Being a petrol head you probably are too?
    Talk to ColSonders if you keep crashing your R/C, he has a lot of experience with that (crashing that is ;) )

See you online soon eh.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Crispy, I'm glad you popped in to say hello. BF3 is our main game currently but with more titles getting released soon that might change. As your a petrol head, what games are you waiting for? Most of us will be getting Need For Speed: Most Wanted as it's like Burnout Paradise but with real cars. Burnout was one of our games of choice years back and we still have the random game nights. Do you have any racing games for your PS3 Dirt Showdown, Driver, Dirt 3 etc?

Will probably see you online over the weekend and will try and get a game on with you.

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi ChrissPeacock/Nigel, glad to meet you.

Droopy seems to be fitting very nicely over here, and any friend of his would be more than welcome over here. :thumbup:

Good intro by the way. Have a nose through the rest of the intros, if you havent already, so you'll know a bit more about each of us.

I'll bung you a friends request next time Im online, and looking forward to seeing your tail lights in every racing game as Im shite at them. But I do still enjoy them!! Welcome to the Seniors

5. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Great to see you Crispy, i've got a big pile of dogtags from last night, feel free to peruse the pile and dig out any with your name on them.

Seriously though apologies if I got you a few times last night, i'm desperate to get some melee ribbons and just seemed to be on a roll last night (completely neglecting my team and the objectives) and managed a total of 35 knife kills! :shock:

Anyway, I think you guys all got me back plenty and seemed to be working well as a unit....a cripsy, lumpy, droopy unit.

As mentioned quite a few of us are getting all wet at the thought of a new Burnout Paradise game, even if they've decided to call it Need for Speed so hopefully that'll appeal to you and it's something you'll get a lot of play on here in SNR.

Also good to see another RC Flying enthusiast, what are you into? I started at the beginning of the year with a little co-ax syma S107 heli, the type anyone can fly in their living room and have mostly been crashing Fixed Pitch Heli's since then, recently got a quadcopter (Blade MQx) and as much as they don't look as cool as the heli's i've fallen in love with the thing, it's just so much fun to fly.

6. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Ahh, the original cock!

7. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our home, ChrissPeacock! Great intro btw. :thumbup:

It's good to have another cock on board here. I wonder what the collective term for cocks is? For peacocks it is apparently a muster, ostentation or pride. Maybe for cocks it's 'envy? Though going by your wife's PSN name, maybe it's a gobble! :rofl:

Sorry I missed you last night on BF3, I was due to play but we went out for a curry instead. Oh the joys of the morning after, paaarp! :D

We're likely to have a few Seniors on again tonight and over the weekend so hopefully catch you then. :)

8. vitaredux

vitaredux Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    vitaredux
  9. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Thanks for the welcome guys, feeling at home already! Looking forward to meeting the rest of you soon.

I should be able to get on tonight ans Saturday but I'll have to be careful as it is my wedding anniversary today!

As for NFS, I will take a look definitely. I do have Burnout Paradise but have not played it for ages so maybe I should dig that out too.

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Oh congrats by the way. Dont upset the boss unnecessarily. We'll keep and we'll see you when your good and ready. :thumbup:

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Welcome Crispy. :wave:

Great intro! Fond memories and chuckles at the mention of BNC cabling, I Networked a few offices with that back in my Novell days. Cripes that was a long time ago. :crazy:

Originally a LAN PC gamer myself who got fed up with the upgrade cycle and jumped on the PlayStation band wagon and have never looked back. Fast paced FPS games like Doom and Quake still hold a soft spot in my heart; Doom was good but Quake even with all it's brown was better!

As other's have said we're looking forward to Need for Burnout : Most Wanton. Borderlands 2 is also very much on radars around here as well. Pew pew!

Chuck me an add and lets get some games in. :thumbup:

Abs

EDIT : Yup, real life comes first and congratulations. Play together, stay together. :thumbup: I think we're set to play Close Quarters on Saturday as a last hurrah before Armoured Kill.

12. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    I taught myself to fly fixed wing as a nipper and build from kits and scratch. Not flown for a few years but do still practice on the pc with realflight6.

I had hoped to get airborne again this summer and have a wot-4E and a UMX micro beast ready to go but the weather!....

I also have a brand new Blade400 that my wife bought for me some time back but rotary 3D is a scary thing, although I am getting better on the sim - one day I'll pluck up the courage!

Used to race 1/10th electric cars too as a pup. Did the nationals for a couple of years.

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Good stuff, I totally agree on the rotary 3D being scarey....but then that UMX micro beast looks like it could be a handful too! I'm too scared to do fixed wing, probably sounds daft as rotary flight is commonly considered more difficult, but learning orientation on rotary seems more sensible, failing to get it right with a plane means you end up miles away lol.

It's been a crappy summer for flight hasn't it? I've not had much chance to play other than in my garage (another benefit of rotary flight).

Anyway hope you manage to get out and maybe even have a try of that Blade 400. You can join in with the RC Flying post if you decide after a night of gaming with us lot that this is the place for you. I'm sticking with quads for the meantime, been looking at the LotusRC T380 but I think my wife would actually kill me if I bought anything else at the moment.

14. vitaredux

vitaredux Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    vitaredux
    Ooh!! :clap: I got one of those S107s.

My son got an Air Hogs for Xmas - £40!!! and it was horribly unstable. So unsurprisingly it broke, or maybe I got fed up of feeding it batteries. I dont remember. So I bought the S107 off Amazon for a tenner. It can't hurt I figure, not at this price.

Wow :o It flys like a dream. I sometimes sneak a go on it when he's not in.

15. ExUser01

ExUser01 Guest

Welcome, told you they were a nice bunch here, unfortunately it was quite late last night when we played together but you and lumpy sounded like a good couple of blokes so if your after the full membership its a vouch from me.
    What plastic kits do you build? I build and collect 1/24 cars and bikes but haven't touched one in a while (kids touching freshly painted or glued parts are a nightmare).
    p.s. chuck us a friend request next time your online.

16. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    My mate had zero flying experience and bought a plane, we managed to get it off the ground and flew it for about 30 seconds which felt like a life time, and it was the life time for the plane as a tree killed it a little. After some glue and bolsa wood he managed to get it flying again, unfortunately this time he tried it on Tynemouth beach and crashed it once into the sand and then into a dog (the dog was un hurt). After a telling off he ripped out the servos and engine and binned the plane :-\ lesson learned. Soon after he bought a HPI 2 Stoke thing and killed it on its first drive. He's now into drag racing :lol:

17. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Crispy, You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

You have TWO Logitec wheels, Excellent, me and the missus have to share mine.
    I dont really play serious racing games like GT5 and F1 anymore. Sick of being at the back of the race so I started playing less serious racers like Dirt Showdown. Wouldn't mind having a game or two on the original NFS shift one night, or Dirt 3 (which i'm going tore purchase) if you have them as GRID 2 looks like its not coming out till well into next year and I realy used to like Dirt 3, wish i never sold it.

I only have the Driving force pro , stuck onto my Gameracer / Corbeau seat as the TV in the room that in is quite high up. But after I almost fell off it, I thought it more sensible to lower the TV and re locate it on the floor. [​IMG]

My missus finds it easier ;)
    [​IMG]
    I used to try to fly R/C helicopters back in the days when they were unflyable. Had a Kyosho concept 30 / 60 nitro and an electric kalt something or other battery one. It was about 20 years ago, never got the hang of flying them and gave up trying as it was costing too much to repair them every week. Still have the Kalt in the loft, was gonna dig it out to give to me favorite nephew but never got around to it.

As with most of this little group, I'm into Battlefield quite badly at the moment, cant wait till armored kill comes out next week as I love the large open maps like Harvest day and Par for the course. Hoping that good rush maps wil return with the next update as the current maps only work on conquest.

18. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Just wanted to say that ChrissPeacock (and any other 'cocks) will be a good addition to the clan. Automatic vouch from me. :D

19. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hope you dont mind me saying so Ace, but your missus is a cracker, a right little belter. You're a lucky man :thumbup:

20. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Excellent time on bf3 tonight, thanks for sorting the server for by cheapskate install - premium content downloading right now!

Looking forward to joining you for close counters. Is that like tiddlywinks?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice