1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Salutations!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Syynn, 11 Jul 2015.

1. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    Greetings.
    The name's Max and I'm a 28 year old gamer presently living in Sweden. I work in retail selling hobby articles such as RC-vehicles and pneumatic weaponry in order to support my gaming addiction.

I came upon this social gathering by some quick searching on Bungie.net after 2 hrs of listening to a prepubescent teenager raging and flaming in "Vault of Glass - Destiny"... we did not finish the run...

I figured joining this type of group would be an effective way to experience more of the endgame content in Destiny since I presently do not have 6 or more acquaintances in the game and this groups standards seems fit my inclination.

If I am to talk of my gaming history I would be quite a long story starting with a PC running (mostly DOS) Windows 3.11 - I do believe the long story would bore you so to speed it up the short version would be the following:
    With the PC as my main weapon of choice I sidetracked through several Nintendo consoles (My favorite being the N64) a Sega Saturn an Xbox 360 (Did not like) and the later PlayStation models.
    Many games have set its mark on my growth(/width) including but not limited to: Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Starcraft, Warcraft, Perfect Dark, Super Smash and many many more - Shaping me into who and what I am today.

The games that have affected my life the most would be the Fallout series that honed my English language skills and love for RPG elements.

The games that appeal most to me recently would be the wonderful masterpieces released by From Software; the thrilling Dark & Demon souls family of games including the Lovecraftian based masterpiece Bloodborne.

After a colleague introduced me to Destiny I was oddly hooked even though I prefer the PC for Shooters and for the first time made me feel a need to increase my social network within PSN.

Last but not least I wish to explain that I have never been much for Forums and do not fully understand my way around them so do expect mistakes along the way.
    As a side-note I also have an unreasonable loathing for social networking sites such as Facebook and while i have an account I would never dream of logging in unless there is a really good reason to.

Lastly I wish to ask we all get along and also apologize for my lengthy introductions (when I start typing I just can't stop).

2. Pernarcale

Pernarcale I'm proudly me!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pernarcale
    Hello @Syynn, and welcome to Senior Gamers.

3. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    Thanks allot!

Oh, I seem to have forgotten to specify what sort of membership I'm gunning for, Senior Citizenship ofc. why aim lower.

zoob likes this.
  4. Sportsvee

Sportsvee Has a Fan....
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Sportsvee
    Well, from the intro I like him (even if he plays destiny). Can we keep him?

Anyway.....
    Greetings mate and welcome to this little slice of the net. Folks are pretty good around these parts so feel free to come and go as you please.

Some of us are scattered around the globe so game hours will vary but there's usually something to suit everyone....except annoying pubescent kids.

Enjoy.

zoob and Syynn like this.
  5. Bloodfairy

Bloodfairy Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bloodfairy123
    zoob likes this.
  6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Good introduction and fantastic english by the way. Much to my shame I can only speak french, and even then Im being kind to myself as its pigeon french at best.
    Theres a real mix of people here, including a bunch who regularly play Destiny, and I know you'll be more than welcome to join them.
    Welcome to the Seniors! Friends request in the post.

zoob and Syynn like this.
  7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    ..... actually @Syynn what is your psn id. I found someone, but I'm not sure its you!

zoob likes this.
  8. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Welcome, no doubt someone shall put you on tea making duty soon.

zoob likes this.
  9. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    Thanks for the warm welcomes.
    @Slaine my psn ID should indeed be Syynn (some knight looking dude as picture). it is not a nick I actively use anymore but since it's quite a old PSN account and i was to lazy to make a new one I'm stuck with it for now.
    Also thanks for complementing my English, while i can speak it fluently I do tend to make lots of errors when typing (especially when typing fast) so I have to constantly spellcheck, I also tend to use a lot of "big words" but that is mostly to boast my ego.

@mick I am more in the tea drinking business then the tea making one but I can make an exception for you if you if it keeps you from getting grumpy.

zoob and Slaine like this.
  10. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    @Syynn welcome to SNR. Nice bunch of people here, how to catch some game time with u at some point.

zoob likes this.
  11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, @Syynn :wave:

Great intro, it's nice to see newcomers adding a bit of detail into these.

So apart from Destiny (you'll find a few folks around here on this most nights), are you currently playing any other PS4 games? Are there any due out in the next few months that you're looking forward to?

Good to hear you're after full membership and it sound like you've read what this entails, which isn't a lot really. So the next step is to play online with a headset with some Seniors. Once you've done this and are still happy to go for full membership and you've had a few vouches, then I'll do the business and sort out full membership access and you'll also be able to fly the [SNR] tags in online games.

In the meantime, have a good look around the site and feel free to join in or start any discussions. :)

zoob likes this.
  12. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    well @Martok, to be completely honest I was going to skip buying a PS4 but my friends kept teasing me about Bloodborne so I jut had to get one.
    So obviously I do play Bloodborne "- and love it" (but not as much as Dark Souls) but at the time I don't own to many other titles.

As for future titles there are some that look interesting but just about any title with a good Co-op mechanics are interesting. other then that me and a friend have a longstanding tradition of getting hammered and play the most recent release of Disgaea.

A coming title that do appeal very much to me is Fallout 4 but I will probably aim for the PC release since i have always enjoyed modding my Bethesda games to pieces .

I have not owned my PS4 for a very long time and any suggestions on interesting titles, new or old, would be appreciated.

By the way, love the signature. I'm not sure if it's cause of the alcohol (there was a carnival here in my little hometown today - normally I rarely drink) or cause it's just awesome but I cant seem to stop laughing. The prospect of a Klingon in a 18th century setting is quite intriguing.

zoob and Martok like this.
  13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    In that case, you may like Warframe, which is free to play and is popular with a few of us here. It's worth downloading and taking a look and us regulars would be happy to teach you the basics.

zoob likes this.
  14. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Helldivers is absolutely brilliant co-op. Not everyone here has it, so heres hoping it gets a ps+ release.

zoob likes this.
  15. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    @Martok, I have a friend who have been nagging me to try Warframe on the PC. It would feel unfair to him to jump in and try it on a system he does not own. but I'll download it and see where I go from there.

@Slaine, Helldivers Reminds me strongly of a game i used to play on Steam, think it was called Alien Swarm or some such. it was great fun so I jumped the gun and downloaded me a copy. I hope we find apt opportunity to play together in the coming days.

thanks for the tips!

16. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    I have helldivers too. Great game.

17. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hello and welcome @Syynn. We attract all sorts here (although no sign of Bertie Bassett yet), so you're bound to fit in and find someone to game with. I have Destiny but not played it in ages, there are a few here that are on it most evenings though.

18. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
  19. Syynn

Syynn Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Syynn
    ^ Thanks!

20. NVranya

NVranya Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    NVranya
    Hey ho @Syynn, welcome!
    I don't play Destiny anymore, but perhaps we'll meet up in some other game. FR should be on your way soon!