The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Royal Mail - What can a sorting office tell you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jkrohn1, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Royal Mail have lost a parcel, I was wondering what can a sorting office tell you? I'm not sure what to ask them, will they know what parcels they have received for a certain address. I tried to call today but there was no answer, I'm hoping the label on my parcel has been damaged and it might be sitting there waiting for me to find it (wishful thinking).

Has anyone worked for or have had this issue and knows what info they have. I have to wait 15 working days before I can report it as missing and get a refund but if it's at the sorting office would be a much better outcome.

2. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Re: Royal Mail - What can a sorting office tell you?

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do other than file a claim after 28 days. I'll be walking into HMV on Friday to get NFS, It may be £40 but at least I'll get a copy on release day.

3. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets

i would go to the sorting office and see if its there. What if postie tried to deliver to your work on saturday, it was closed and he didnt bother to leave a card. It will have been returned to the sort office and will stay there till you pick it up. Just nip along and check.
    In the meantime i can drop moh off at 4 30 today and pick it up in a day or two if you want to try it as i am working tonight.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Expected AC3 yesterday and that was a no show, hope it's here today. I just want a refund now but Shopto seem to think I have to accept a replacement if available. I pre ordered and should receive a steel book which they don't have in stock and it hasn't been received on or before release so should also get a £5 credit. It's on 15 working days I have to wait, I have a feeling the game will be even cheaper by then lol

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets

So you dont want to borrow mine and try the two day free online trial?

6. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator

Can't add much of anything constructive as the others have said it all. That's the problem with Internet shopping I suppose, it may be cheaper but it certainly isn't quicker or more reliable than walking into a shop. I might pre-order from Tesco next time. It's a £5 pre-order fee but you can just walk in and get it at release. Tesco are usually quite competitive. Actually they usually have loads of everything left on the shelf at release unless it's a COD game.

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

Im still waiting for my money back from Shopto, and its been a week now. Theyve had a flawless service for the last couple of years Ive used them. A parcel gets "lost" and everything goes Pete Tong. I say lost, as the replacement game also got "lost" too. How can the same game get lost, bearing in mind interim orders from Shopto were received with no issues? And why has this particular order been such a nightmare to get a refund of my points and money?!?!?

Ive got a manager looking into it, and Ive threatened to never use them again, and to also voice my concerns to everyone on how shit they are too.

I dont trust the Post Office. I saw a program on them where an undercover reporter worked for them. Apparently 1 in 20 letters get "lost". And never mind the shameful way they handle their packages. Some of these sorting office blokes were secretly filmed kicking parcels around the warehouse "for a laugh". I remember when I bought a PS1 for my niece, and the Post Office turned up with it with the packaging totally destroyed and the PS1 on display, all in a plastic bag. The postie tried to claim it was all ok and apologised, but I told him to **** off and that Im not signing for that. They had to send it back to the retailer in that shit state. :rant:

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Might do, will give me a chance to see how it is, I'm sure I'll like it. I use shopto due to there quality of service, I don't want to stop because royal fail is incapable of delivering a parcel. I literally don't have a good word for then, they moan about modernisation cutting jobs and they have managers managing the managers who manage then. They need to modernise become computerised and hire staff that want to work. I know computerising a business isn't always the best but in the case of royal mail I think it is.

Online retailers bare the brunt of royal mails failings.

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

:oops: Talk of the devil. Got my refund from Shopto now. Emergency over, faith restored. :oops:

I just hope my Halo 4 comes without any problems. I WILL cry like a little girl if that gets lost. :( :lol:

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Assassins Creed 3 hasn't come today, looks like it might be another lost parcel :-\

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Well after trying to call the sorting office with no answer so I phoned the main Royal Mail number and someone said they would look into it. I also tweeted @RoyalMail and they also said they would look into it.

An hour late my MoH was delivered (Only that parcel) then at 12:30 the actual post arrived with my Assassin’s Creed 3 I think as it's not here yet. Also my NFS came to my house so three games came today.

Have a feeling my works sorting office are having issues, just glad they all finally got here :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice