Multi Rocksmith 2014

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Does anyone have Rocksmith? If so I have a 101 questions;

1) Any good?
2) What type of guitar are you using? I have an electro acoustic guitar, I'm presuming this will work as well as an electric?
3) I can read music, but I've never really learnt to play, just the basics on a classical guitar (Jingle bells, Silent night etc!). Will this be a hindrance rather than an asset?
4) I'm crap at tuning a guitar, does this offer any tuning tools?
5) I take it I'll just need a to connect to guitar to a console / PC and a copy of the disc and away I go?
6) Does the PC version offer any advantages over a console version?

Think that is all for now!
@DarthRaiden666 think you may have this?

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the first Rocksmith.

They have a tuner in the game. But it's like playing guitar hero, but better.

I also have guitar lessons as well.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the first Rocksmith.

They have a tuner in the game. But it's like playing guitar hero, but better.

I also have guitar lessons as well.
If you read this quick enough, Amazon currently have Rocksmih 2014 on their black Friday offers for £25 . Just picked a copy up. Just need to get a real tone cable now!

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the cable already. And I don't have much extra funds as getting ps4 and gt6.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you read this quick enough, Amazon currently have Rocksmih 2014 on their black Friday offers for £25 . Just picked a copy up. Just need to get a real tone cable now!
I think that's about the same price - I've seen the full package priced at around 45GBP total & fully intend to pick it up after Christmas. By all accounts, this is decent & 2014 is a proper step up from the previous release.

I classically trained for 5 years as a youth, playing solo & in ensembles, then moved into various bands in late teens playing both lead, rhythm & bass. Unfortunately, I had moved to the dark (electronic) side by my 20s & haven't touched a guitar since. I really want to join in with my local folk/blues scenes at the weekends & I'm thinking this is a good way to get back in the swing of it & also learn a bit more than power chords!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think that's about the same price - I've seen the full package priced at around 45GBP total & fully intend to pick it up after Christmas. By all accounts, this is decent & 2014 is a proper step up from the previous release.

I classically trained for 5 years as a youth, playing solo & in ensembles, then moved into various bands in late teens playing both lead, rhythm & bass. Unfortunately, I had moved to the dark (electronic) side by my 20s & haven't touched a guitar since. I really want to join in with my local folk/blues scenes at the weekends & I'm thinking this is a good way to get back in the swing of it & also learn a bit more than power chords!
You can get the first Rocksmith with a real tone cable for about £25 on Amazon. The 2014 edition is £39.99 without the cable and £49.99 with the cable. I've got my eye on few eBay auctions for the cable. On Amazon the cable on its own goes for £25 so if I miss out on the eBay ones or if they creep up the the £20 mark I'm toying with the idea of just buying the original Rocksmith with cable from Amazon! It would work out at just shy of £50 then, which is basically the RRP for 2014 with cable, but this way I get The original as well (could always flog it!).
eBay is a bit if a swizz lately, the second hand prices for the original Rocksmith with the cable are pretty much similar to buying it new from Amazon!

I've just been annoying the neighbours by putting a new set of strings on my Classical guitar and tweaking the tuning on my electro acoustic. Found my learn guitar book as well so I shall try and get a bit of practice in before it arrives. Feeling quite excited about it now!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye, I need to either convince my sister to give me back my semi(-acoustic!) or buy some cheap as chips 2nd hand electric.
I've still got an acoustic/classical in the flat but I don't think fitting a pick-up will quite do the job.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was looking at those and one chap wrote a review where he said he used it fine on Rocksmith with an acoustic. The item description said that it only works with metal strings though which you can't put on a classical guitar apparently as it damages them. So I don't think it would work too great with my nylon strings!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I quite fancy a 6 string bass guitar now but I'm going to behave myself and stick with what I've got.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was looking at those and one chap wrote a review where he said he used it fine on Rocksmith with an acoustic. The item description said that it only works with metal strings though which you can't put on a classical guitar apparently as it damages them. So I don't think it would work too great with my nylon strings!
The neck generally isn't strong enough on classical guitars as they are designed to be used with nylon strings. A purpose built acoustic or semi has a reinforced neck.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
What? No comment by @ColSonders yet? He's the expert (read: instrument-game-nuthouse-maniac) ;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
He's AFK at the moment. We can insult him and he won't know. :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
AFK? I'm too old for acronyms, talk properly man!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just picked up a Les Paul Special II that I won on eBay along with a 20w amp (which works with my electro acoustic as well - how exciting is that!). I am now fully committed to the cause! Hurry up Rocksmith!! I hope it gets here by the weekend.
I'm going to book a few guitar lessons as well I think. That way I should hopefully stick at it.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just picked up a Les Paul Special II that I won on eBay along with a 20w amp (which works with my electro acoustic as well - how exciting is that!). I am now fully committed to the cause! Hurry up Rocksmith!! I hope it gets here by the weekend.
I'm going to book a few guitar lessons as well I think. That way I should hopefully stick at it.
I'll look to pick up a cheap electric & Rocksmith once the kids get tired of their new Christmas toys.
Fingers crossed, somebody pays me to take it off their hands!