• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Rik Mayall has died!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BBC has just reported that Rik Mayall has died aged 56. No further details at this time...

Oh man - that is just sad news.

TheFerret

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Oh no. Very funny guy.

I have enjoyed everything he was in.

Very sad indeed.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really gutted. Funniest man ever

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got a Guardian push notification through. Bit of a shame when somebody relatively young like that dies. I loved The Young Ones and Bottom. He was recently in that show with Greg Davies, but it was a bit naff so I've forgotten the name of it.

TheFerret

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
I got a Guardian push notification through. Bit of a shame when somebody relatively young like that dies. I loved The Young Ones and Bottom. He was recently in that show with Greg Davies, but it was a bit naff so I've forgotten the name of it.
Man down.

It was a bit naff but I enjoyed it. Even funnier the second time I watched the series.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll remember him as PRik from The Young Ones, Flashheart from Blackadder and Bottom.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sad news. The man was a legend.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That is sad news. I grew up with the Young Ones and did a playback show with Living Doll in Elementary School once. Me being Vivian though, complete with stars on my forehead and a (fake) nose ring.
Always been a fan of British humour and Rik was and still is one of my favourits. I'm going to watch Guest House Paradiso now in his honour.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
nope go for drop dead fred