• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Return to Playstation

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hi All
Some of you very old gamers may remember OAP nights on Killzone on the PS2. I used to play a lot back then under the GT Eastwood.
I then moved on to the 360 over on FRAGRace&Game. XBL GT was X_Magnumforce_X (as it still is on PSN)

Looking to return to some casual gaming, a bit of co-op rather than PvP

Cheers
Mag

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello @x_magnumforce_x :waving:

I remember you from way back. Those were the good times when you had to buy a network adapter for the PS2 and then battle with Central Station and all that gubbins just to get online. Killzone on the PS2 - great fun, though a PITA that you could only play one game on one map and then had to re-host for a different map!

Anyway, for the benefit of those who don't know you on here, do tell us a bit more about your gaming history - consoles/computers owned over the years, favourite/most memorable games played etc.

So, you didn't mention if you are on the PS4 or still on the PS3 (or even PS2?!!). If you are on the latest generation, what made you swap back to PlayStation? Or are you two-timing on both platforms?

If you've not done so already, have a read of the About Us section and let us know if you're after standard of full membership.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I'm on the PS4 now, only have Wolfenstein currently as it was free with the console from Shopto. Will have KZ and Far Cry 4 when it comes out, possibly Destiny and CoD also.

In terms of history I had a PS1 and PS2, playing MoH, Timesplitters, CoD, GTA 3, GT3, KZ1 and about a hundred other games. I moved over to the Xbox360, playing Rainbow 6, Forza, Ace Combat, more COD, Far Cry and Battlefield. Not been online in last 2 years as work and family took all my gaming time, but looking to get back into social gaming. Love a bit of co-op Like CoD's survival modes or R6 terrorist hunt

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, I shall send a friend request when I'm next online

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm way too new here to remember you, but if not, I would be too old to remember you. :grandpa: :D

So I guess it's welcome back!
A friend request should be coming your way soon.

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice welcome :)
What games are people playing, having got my PS4 yesterday I'm completely out of touch

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Most of us seem to be playing Destiny at the moment with a handful on Diablo III. Before that it was mainly BF4 or Warframe (I was in the former camp).

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get Destiny as I hear the co-op is really good. Far Cry 4 should be excellent too. Does anyone play CoD anymore or is that old hat ?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get Destiny as I hear the co-op is really good. Far Cry 4 should be excellent too. Does anyone play CoD anymore or is that old hat ?
COD is a dirty word round these parts.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate long time no speak. I made the switch from Xbox to PlayStation after that now infamous Xbox One reveal.

Dont bother with COD, get Battlefield 4 premium edition. COD has no new tricks. Still good, but BF4 is the best.

Friends request in the post!!!:1thumbup:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you're looking for games to play with others then I'd say Destiny as most here play that at the moment.
If you are just looking for good games I'd recommend The Last of Us: Remastered and (if you've not done it yet on the Xbox) Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Mag I'm unsure if I remember you from the old days as I didn't have killzone on ps2 but I may have seen you if you played other games. Pre PS3 I was Ocean but some darned yank stole that before us deprived Europeans could register. Anyhoo welcome back and to seniors. I'm mostly playing destiny now but also looking forward to far cry 4. The previous one was great fun!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome sir. This place will surely be a small trip down memory lane.
Enjoy your stay here.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Magnum, I don't recall you from days gone by, I think I spent most of my time hooked on Socom back then.

Destiny is the new fangled game at the moment. As has been mentioned CoD doesn't get a lot of love here and although BF4 is still broken to hell and back a year after release there's a good following here.

I'm personally losing interest in the world of PvP...i'll get back to that if they start making games that work properly over the internet that I can still play with my diminishing reflexes...I'll defo see you on Destiny if you get it and I'm looking forward to seeing what Ubisoft do in the shooter department, not sure the next Rainbow Six will be much cop for co-op but The Division should be.

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Magnum welcome to the funny farm :crazy:
Hopefully catch you online at some point soon

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Co-op for the win - that's the best thing about the SNRs!

And welcome.

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hi Col, I have a feeling we played Battlefield together before I jumped ship to the 360.
Thanks for the welcome guys, good to be back on PS :) Looking forward to some games online soon

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Magnum,

New here myself...but welcome anyway:)

Roots

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm one of those people that really can't find anything bad to say about BF4. I just love that game.
Anyway, I hope that we will meet online soon (I play a bit of Destiny too). Feel free to send me a FR!!