• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Rent-A-Server and “Death Shield” Bug Fix Live

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Today, the Rent-A-Server program has started to roll out for console versions of Battlefield 4. This will let you set up your own private and public Battlefield 4 servers, with control of different options from player count to map rotation. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

We’d also like to inform you that with today’s server update, we are deploying a fix for the issue being referred to as “Death Shield,” where an invisible “shield” would appear around killed enemies, blocking weapons fire. Thank you for being patient as we worked to get this resolved.

How to Rent a Server

Start up Battlefield 4, go to the Multiplayer menu and select “My Rented Servers”. Here you’ll be able to rent a new server and manage the ones you’ve already rented. After choosing server location and duration of the rental, the purchase is complete. You can find your server under MULTIPLAYER / MY SERVERS. After this, server settings like game modes, map rotation, and much more can be altered.

Rental Periods and Prices

You can rent a Battlefield 4 server on console for a number of different days. The price for renting a server is as follows:

1 day ($1.49)
7 days ($6.99)
30 days ($24.99)
90 days ($59.99)

Server Amount Will Increase

Please note that this is a soft launch of the Rent-A-Server program. This means that we initially will have a limited amount of servers. We will however increase the numbers gradually when we see that everything is running as intended.

We hope you will enjoy the Rent-A-Server program. Don’t hesitate to give us your feedback and comments. Thanks for your support, and see you on the Battlefield!

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I thought I would repost this message I left on the OAP clan site, just in case any of you guys want to join in for some fun?

by maczone35 » 13 May 2014 22:54
Wilks wrote:We did look to go on Mac's server Geri but the player count was on 32 for large conquest and we could not change the player count to 64 unfortunately.

You're right about that squad join Mac, it's shit. I had to leave the game to get out of it.

I'll recommend your server this week and hopefully get it filling up next Sunday. :1thumbup:

I just checked the server settings now and they are now showing 64 player. :1thumbup:
CQ map 2 set! CQ large maps from all but Naval strike 150% no commander
also CQ map 3 CQ large maps as above but with two Carrier assault maps, ready for when bondalike gets naval strike (premium) [ hurry up :roll: ]

Server name: OAP Maczone's server

Pass on the server name to All OAP's who play BF4 on PS4 and friends on OnR, SNR and GO's who would like to play with like minded people, you won't be kicked for using shotguns, C4 or any other stupid rule, but I still agree with on Base Raping and ther are enough on the admin list that what ever team your playing on some will be able to kick the GU's who don't play the OAP way

Last edited by a moderator:

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Bondalike has now got Naval Strike (premium?) so CQ map 3 is set, CQ large,150% no commander!
All welcome to join the server!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What is this 150% malarkey??

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
What is this 150% malarkey??
more points :D slightly longer rounds, more ribbons and medals :oldgamer:some of us need all the help we can get.
I personally don't like the really long games above 200% to max tickets etc.:bye:

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Maczone,

I can't find the server when I search for OAP Maczone's Server - has it changed again, are the battlelog searches case sensitive?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
He's changed it just so you can't find it muhahaha (idk just bored on the train)

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
No ! it's there, if you can't find it by the full name just search "OAP" and you'll find it.
but it will only show for PS4, I tried looking on the PS3 and it's doesn't show on the server list sorry