• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PC Refunds over 'unfixable' Batman game bugs

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Warner Brothers is offering full refunds to anyone who bought the PC version of the Arkham Knight video game via the Steam gaming service.

The offer was being made because, it said, of issues with the game it "cannot fix".

It said the offer was available to anyone no matter how much of the game they had played.

The offer comes only days after a cleaned up version of the game was released for PC owners.

The game lets players control Batman as he tries to wrest control of Gotham City away from a group of super-villains.

Memory hog
Batman: Arkham Knight was released in late June, and the PC version was pulled soon after because technical faults made it unplayable for many people.

The bugs are thought to have emerged because the game was originally made for consoles and later converted or "ported" to run on PCs.

In notes that accompanied the updated release, Warner said one bug meant players on a Windows 7 PC would periodically have to restart the game to avoid crashes.

On Windows 10, Warner recommended players used 12GB of Ram - far more than most modern PCs usually require.

Many people on social media sites such as Reddit said the updated version had not cured Arkham Knight of the stuttering and freezing that had led to the original being pulled.

In a statement, Warner said it was "sorry" that many people "continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight".

It said it had worked hard to get the game to live up to expectations but understood many people were still "experiencing issues".

As a result, it said, it would offer a full refund to anyone who had bought the game via Steam, until the end of 2015.

Bug fixes would be provided for those that wanted to keep playing the game, it said.

However, it said, it would talk to these players about the issues with the game that it "cannot fix".

The refund will mean that people who bought the game in stores or other places rather than via the Steam gaming service will not be able to get their money back.

Source (BBC)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Refund should be for all PC versions, not just steam.

Hopefully a learning experience for game makers.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I paid about £10 for mine with the season pack included so I'm not to bothered about a refund

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Refund should be for all PC versions, not just steam.

Hopefully a learning experience for game makers.
I expect it is easier for them to provide a refund via Steam and account for all the copies sold. I'd imagine it's a logistical nightmare for bricks and mortar types. Not fair to the retailer to have to administer it, or the consumer for losing out, but then life's a bitch.
Hopefully, as you say, it will set a precedent to other game makers to not release a broken game. Unless their name starts with an E and ends in an A.

Lectron17

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The state of the PC game is unforgivable! That game(on the PC) should have never been released. Peeps who pre-ordered should get a refund pro rated for aggravation