Multi Red Dead Redemption 2

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
He seems a bit unimpressed by the story(telling) as I read it.
Still, out of 70 rated reviews it scores an average of 97/100 on metacritic, so I doubt this game will disappoint me.
Although I too have a slight reservation about all the 'realistic' chores that you need to do and the long accompanying animations (like bathing, brushing horse, skinning, etc).
But, I'll see how it works out tomorrow.... still have to work first though :(

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
He seems a bit unimpressed by the story(telling) as I read it.
Still, out of 70 rated reviews it scores an average of 97/100 on metacritic, so I doubt this game will disappoint me.
Although I too have a slight reservation about all the 'realistic' chores that you need to do and the long accompanying animations (like bathing, brushing horse, skinning, etc).
But, I'll see how it works out tomorrow.... still have to work first though :(
It's good to see it has very good ratings overall. We'll likely pick it up some time down the road when it's a bit cheaper (we'll be busy from next month with Battlefield V).

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For those of you who will be playing RDR2 today and in the coming days and weeks, you may want to take a look at this article which goes further into the working culture at Rockstar and the "mandatory" long hours that staff appear to have been working for quite some time to get this game out.

The human cost of Red Dead Redemption 2

It might make you think twice about complaining on any aspect of the game. For those who haven't bought it, it may make you think about whether or not to buy the game (on the one hand it's a great game and you may want to support the developers after all of their efforts, on the other hand you may not want to support a company with these working practises).

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awww boo hoo,
I find things like that pathetic, if you don't like it leave, don't bitch about it anonymously.

Is that a bit harsh?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awww boo hoo,
I find things like that pathetic, if you don't like it leave, don't bitch about it anonymously.

Is that a bit harsh?
Yes. Because it's never quite as simple as that.

There's a section in the article on "So why not leave?" Whilst people may not agree with some of the reasons they stay, there are valid reasons why they do (and it also states that people do leave because they have to to repair their mental health).

Last edited:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What an insanely beautiful game this is. Baffeled by every new scenery I galop into.
Yep Indeedy. Almost makes me want a 4K TV.

If anybody is looking for a cheap copy I have a sealed physical copy here looking for a home.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I spotted @Spruijt on it last night and spent far too long / late / early watching streams last night / this morning.

How was it?
My access isn't until tomorrow.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I spotted @Spruijt on it last night and spent far too long / late / early watching streams last night / this morning.

How was it?
My access isn't until tomorrow.
I spent an hour or two online going through a few intro missions and claiming my SE goodies. I noticed a few glitches and was kicked once, but other than that it went fine.
Hope to posse up with you lot over the weekend

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nope I'm not jealous at all ,you can all go galloping off into the sunset see if I care :x:shock::(

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeeeeeharrrrrr
Meant to say, in case it's any consolation - there's a good chance any progress may be lost when the Online moves out of Beta. I read that somewhere yesterday so won't be investing too much time into the online section past the Intro - especially as I'm not even halfway through the story so haven't opened up the map or visited had the places I clocked in streams on Tuesday night!