XBOne Really good news....

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still reeling from the E3 announcement on backwards capability? Well apparently its not just the discs that will be able to be recognised, but digital purchases too. And by digital purchases, this includes Arcade games and all DLC purchased too. Even better, there's no need to search through the store trying to remember what you've bought as it'll all be sitting there in ready to install in the games and apps file. I had over 150 XBLA games, so I am well chuffed.
Did anyone else see the new update video for Autumn? Absolute radical overhaul. Very Windows 10 feel, and it seems to be a friendlier UI.
Microsoft really are bringing out the big guns.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't have an X1, so no idea how many games are concerned, but I did read that the backward compatibilty does not work for Kinect games.
Other than that, yeah, Sony could learn something here.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This will definitely be a sweetner for those still on last gen. Personally I'm more stoked about the XBLA games. Can't wait to play them.

My future prediction now is Sony will do something with the PlayStation Now pricing model. They've got to, to keep up pace.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hope so, The pricing of now Is extortionate, I already own a shitload of games on the PS3 and shouldnt have to pay a subscription to play them on PS4, it's not like they magically upgrade graphics wise.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I personally couldn't give a toss about backwards compatibility, if I wanted to play PS3 games I would have kept my PS3. Had a few fanboys going on to me about how Playstation has been owned Xbox by this announcement, well all you fanboys sod off and play your last gen games on your eggbox.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
*looks at 360, puts in box and forgets about it.*

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony aren't going to pull of backwards compatibility on the PS4 for PS3 titles, the architecture of the PS3 is just too different for it to be possible. This has been confirmed in this Eurogamer article:

Don't hold your breath for PS4 backwards compatibility

After reading the article, I do wonder how many XB360 games the XBOne will actually be able to run. I do wonder if this feature will end up being a bit like the backwards compatibility that the PS3 initially had for PS2 titles ie limited.

Personally I don't want to play PS3 games now that I have a PS4. I've barely touched any of the PS Plus titles on the PS3 that have been given recently and there's a few decent ones on there. The last one I played was Far Cry 3. I'd much rather have decent PS4 titles to play, not that we're getting much until at least the end of the year...

As for PlayStation Now, frankly I won't be touching it at the extortionate prices they are charging. I'd consider using it if it was free as part of PS Plus.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it's a big deal for Microsoft though it's not a feature I would use very often there are definitely a few last gen games that I had that i'd play again.

In fact I'm currently waiting for a copy of Burnout Paradise to arrive that I got off ebay for about a fifth of the price of buying it digitally.

For the most part though i'm happy enough to just boot up the PS3 for these things but certainly for little PSN games that were fun it'd be cool to be able to play them straight on the PS4.

chaosman8

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Still reeling from the E3 announcement on backwards capability? Well apparently its not just the discs that will be able to be recognised, but digital purchases too. And by digital purchases, this includes Arcade games and all DLC purchased too. Even better, there's no need to search through the store trying to remember what you've bought as it'll all be sitting there in ready to install in the games and apps file. I had over 150 XBLA games, so I am well chuffed.
Did anyone else see the new update video for Autumn? Absolute radical overhaul. Very Windows 10 feel, and it seems to be a friendlier UI.
Microsoft really are bringing out the big guns.
The backwards compatibility is great news, now if they could get the rest of their act together. I loved the 360, but the one seemed to break most of the best features that the 360. My One kinect now decides when it wants to work, which is a shame, as it functions as a great microphone. No problems with the PS camera.