The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Ready to Rock n Roll

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by mick, 18 Dec 2012.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Well maybe not, ready to die loads, defiantly.

Coming to a Battlefield near you soon.....Me :thumbup: I will try not to talk all the time but cant promise anything :lol:

One thing to note is that I will be using a different account, I have set one up just for BF ( I have my reasons for doing so ) So I wont be playing on mick170669 but instead will use X--Dead-Again--X

2. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Cool. Send me an FR motormouth!

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Lets hope its just a name eh, and not a sign of things to come!! :lol:

Good man by the way. Im hoping to make Thursday session if I can. :thumbup: :bow: :clap:

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Martok was just saying about playing standard this Thursday with a mind to get those without Premium in for a few giggles.

So, Dead-Again with kisses. Is this so that you can get amazing at the game then pad your Mick stats? ;)

5. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Now the problem arises regarding to what

6. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    BASTARD SEND BUTTON!

as I was saying, what to call you online now. My vote is for Poo as we can't use Mick on GT5 either as it is swearing apparently but Poo worked fine!

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Greedy git using more then one account :D hope to see you on Thursday :P

8. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Well have been called a lot worse. :cry: :lol:

9. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Have sent a few FR out now.

10. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Accepted. Whoop, whoop! I've got my boyfriends copy of BF3 now so I'm all set for a session on Thursday. A little warmup in time for when I win my Twix.

11. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Had a quick game tonight with a bit of help from LouP, (cheers mate :thumbup: )

Must admit didnt have a clue what I was doing :wtf: Did manage to get a trophy for nicking someones tags though so that was a bonus, think that was the only kill I had :crazy: :lol:

Cant wait to get something a bit better than a peashooter though. :rant: also need to try and stop spraying bullets all over the place when trying to aim at someone stood 2 foot in front of me. :brick:

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Good to see you get on last night, didn't actually get to game with you, think you went into the other squad when we split.

Anyway, the peashooter thing is nonsense, there's very few underpowered weapons in this game, but unlocking a few attachments such as the holographic or red dot sights, laser, flash suppressor etc will really help.

I would strongly advise having a peruse of This newbie guide. Particularly the first post in that thread.

A quick check of your loadout would suggest that you were using the RPK-74M. This is anything but underpowered, though a little difficult to keep on target, particularly when starting out. It might be worth trying out the shotgun that you've got unlocked, that thing is a beast at close ranges. Also probably worth trying the assault class as you can drop health and the guns are a little easier to use.

Also to unlock new weapons remember you don't need to get kills to score points, capturing points is probably the easiest way to score points.

Edit* Another good one to try to unlock if you have the Karkand DLC would be the FAMAS...a rather overrated weapon, but easy to unlock as you just need to get 10 heals and 10 revives...just stick with your squad and drop health when they stop to attack something and revive anyone you can...you should be able to pick that one up in a few rounds.

#12 ColSonders, 19 Dec 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: 2 Oct 2013
  13. LouPeacock

LouPeacock Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LouPeacock
    Yo Mick.

Good to see you on the Battlefield bud, and very pleased to share your first (of many) kills (knife takedown). I would love to swap with you and have that brand new `fresh to the grinder` feel about the game.

My top tips.

Get used to the movement (set up controller settings to taste)
    Your mini map is your friend
    Pulse fire, dont spray `n` pray
    If theres to many of the enemy for you to handle..........run the f***k away, live to fight/die another day.

Squad up with you anytime mate. :D

14. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I,m on most days at the moment,feel free to jump in with me mick. Ican really show you how to die with style and panache.
    I dont get many kills, but get lots of points from spotting enemies for others. try to learn to spot everything that moves.
    also stay in cover as much as possable and skirt around the edges of the maps to avoid being detected. stick with conquest to start and stick with 1 class to start unlocking attachments. you,ll soon rank up.

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Best way to rank up your gear is a few games of gunmaster and tdm. Engineer is by far the best class, with the best gear IMHO, but have a play around.

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Assault Class has better primary weapons and much higher point scoring potential with healing/reviving. By far the best choice of class for ranking up...not so great for being in vehicles though.

Gunmaster is a terrible way of ranking your weapons up too...not sure if you're getting game modes mixed up there. You don't get to choose your guns/attachments at all and it's normally a whitewash from the better players who will quickly move up onto better weapons and then dominate the game.

TDM is a fantastic game mode for unlocking weapon attachments...not so good for scoring points for unlocking new guns or ranking up though.

Conquest Domination if you have Close Quarters is the quickest way of scoring points to level up....just run around and capture points constantly. Otherwise normal Conquest is the best (unless you happen to be very good at this game already) and again concentrate on capturing points. If you're a fan of the Rush game type then this has the highest scoring potential but you need to be arming/disarming M-Coms to get the most out of it...not something newbies to the game are generally good at.

17. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    No, you can. Ive unlocked loads of crap from it, and best of all it gives you a feel to a good spread of weapons too. I hate sub machine guns and heavy machine guns, but I love pistols and assault rifles. I have good days and bad days with shotguns and sniper rifles.

Couldnt disagree more. Join a 500% game and play around with all your gear. Thats how I got all my gear/rank/weapons etc. It'll help you out with some assignments too. The lack of vehicles gives you a chance to get some kills, so whilst you it may not make you a well rounded player, you will get used to the basics of gunplay.

To be honest, everyone here would post their favourite weapon, and they would all be different. My weapon of choice is M4A1 carbine with foregrip, suppressor and PKA-S (holo) sight for the Engineer class. Its done good by me, as it serves as a good close and long range weapon. But to be honest Mick, have a play around as much as you can. You might turn out to be untouchable with a shotgun, or a demon shot with a sniper rifle. And even if your shooting skills arent the best, we all know you can handle vehicles!!! :lol: Get your arse behind a few of them and you may find thats where your strength lies. ;)

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    The drastic differences of opinion show how good a job Dice have made with having a well balanced game.

There are some facts though:
    Recon is the lowest scoring class by a country mile.
    Assault and Engineer are easily the most useful classes and most played in the game.
    It takes time and patience to master the vehicles in this game.

TDM is hands down the quickest method of unlocking weapon attachments.

There's also a few weapons that stand out for various reasons, though not everyone is aware of them:

M16 (assault) M4 (engineer) are the fastest reloading weapons in the game, you're far less likely to die whilst reloading with these guns.
    FAMAS/AEK/F2000 (assault) are widely used because of their insanely high fire rate, up close in spray and pray they will kill enemies quicker than most guns.
    AS Val (all classes) is very unique in that it doesn't have a very high damage per bullet, but that damage barely drops off at all over range, outside of close range it's very damaging.
    M1911 (handgun) this is the handgun that a lot of experienced players use due to the damage and rate of fire as well as accuracy for long range.
    SCAR-H (engineer) for it's beastly damage rating which outclasses the damage on all other engineer class weapons.
    M98-B - barely any drop off on this sniper rifle compared to the rest of them.

You'll notice a lack of Support guns there because there's nothing that really stands out any more, the M249 was unfair it was that good, but they tweaked it in a patch and nothing really stands out any longer.

19. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Not sure posting favourite weapons works, Slaine. I find Col's choice of weapon very odd but then he says exactly the same about my favourites. :D

There are some good staples though. M16 for assault and Scar-H for engineers for example, I never really got along with the M4. Once each class has been serviced starred they can then use any weapon available to that class but before then each class has faction specific weapons so you'll not be able to use an M16 every round until then.

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I like boobs and Cadbury whispers, I play with any guns I feel like, I always mix them up for freshness. Using the same gun over and over will unlock all the attachments no matter what game mode you play. If you find a gun your good with use it. Finding a 500% server on TDM or Conquest will rank your points up and any game mode you kill people will give you unlocks.

At the end of the day if you play with a good team on any team based mode you should do well. The game at first was hard in my eyes but a few unlocks and attachments later you will start kicking ass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice