PS4 RAZER Raiju gaming controller

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello all,

Today I got myself a Razer Raiju, a new Playstation licensed controller, Californian design made in China.
Why Razor and not Scuf's; after reading a lot of reviews, I noticed that most problems occur with Scuf controllers. (Mainly the back-paddles who broke)
The main reason I got it are the extra 4 free-assignable paddles on it. Assigning these is made super easy without the use of any app or separate program.
Also you have a direct mute- and volume-control.

The grip is somewhat different, It is a bigger controller, but for me the grip feels firmer.
It is a wired controller, no batteries to charge, plug and play ready. I have no idea yet about the latency compared to the bluetooth connection with the standard ps4 controller, but it feels very responsive.
The D-pad feels a bit sturdy, I hope it gets better after a while of use.

After playing some games of Fortnite I think the paddles are a definitely an advantage as I can keep my thumbs on the R3 stick while jumping or switch to build-mode.
It still needs to grow on me using these as I keep falling into old habits when the heat is on.

Gaming Controller for PS4 - Razer Raiju

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Interesting to hear about you getting this controller. Keep us posted with how you get on with it.

Where did you get it from?
How long is the cable?

I've just seen the price, it's not cheap - £130 on Amazon and up to £150 elsewhere! :o

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Where did you get it from?
How long is the cable?
I've just seen the price, it's not cheap - £130 on Amazon and up to £150 elsewhere! :o
It bought it in Media Market, and yes very expensive, grr
The cable is 3m long, downside; it's a special connector. But it feels like it's a good quality cable.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
... firmer.
It is a wired controller, no batteries to charge, plug and play ready. I have no idea ....

It is a wired controller, no batteries to charge, plug and play ready.
So, is it wireless? :D
As @Martok said... wow not cheap! And yes, let us know how things go after you get used to it