The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS4 RAZER Raiju gaming controller

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Pafkes, 14 May 2018.

1. Pafkes

Pafkes Wait for it
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pafkes
    Hello all,

Today I got myself a Razer Raiju, a new Playstation licensed controller, Californian design made in China.
    Why Razor and not Scuf's; after reading a lot of reviews, I noticed that most problems occur with Scuf controllers. (Mainly the back-paddles who broke)
    The main reason I got it are the extra 4 free-assignable paddles on it. Assigning these is made super easy without the use of any app or separate program.
    Also you have a direct mute- and volume-control.

The grip is somewhat different, It is a bigger controller, but for me the grip feels firmer.
    It is a wired controller, no batteries to charge, plug and play ready. I have no idea yet about the latency compared to the bluetooth connection with the standard ps4 controller, but it feels very responsive.
    The D-pad feels a bit sturdy, I hope it gets better after a while of use.

After playing some games of Fortnite I think the paddles are a definitely an advantage as I can keep my thumbs on the R3 stick while jumping or switch to build-mode.
    It still needs to grow on me using these as I keep falling into old habits when the heat is on.

Gaming Controller for PS4 - Razer Raiju

#1 Pafkes, 14 May 2018
    Last edited: 14 May 2018
    HERMAN_JELMET and Martok like this.
  2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Thanks for the info. Interesting to hear about you getting this controller. Keep us posted with how you get on with it.

Where did you get it from?
    How long is the cable?

I've just seen the price, it's not cheap - £130 on Amazon and up to £150 elsewhere! :o

3. Pafkes

Pafkes Wait for it
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pafkes
    It bought it in Media Market, and yes very expensive, grr
    The cable is 3m long, downside; it's a special connector. But it feels like it's a good quality cable.

4. NVranya

NVranya Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    NVranya
    So, is it wireless? :D
    As @Martok said... wow not cheap! And yes, let us know how things go after you get used to it

5. Pafkes

Pafkes Wait for it
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pafkes
    Thanks, problem solved :dance:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice