PS3 Ratchet & Clank : Nexus

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Ratchet games but have been disappointed by recent variations. Namely the Q-force multi-player and the aptly named Ratchet & Clank : Awful One (All for one). The initial release of the PS3 "Tools of Destruction" also felt somewhat lacking and like "Awful One" only received a single play through by me. In between the two major titles was the tour de force "A Crack in Time" which was superbly realised, well storied, well balanced and down right good fun.

So once more I find myself in eager anticipation of more Ratchet goodness as Insomniac move away from the multi-player "social" adventures back to a solid looking single player title with the just announced "Nexus."

Nexus is a prequel to the Future story arch imbued in Tools, Booty & Time. Price wise it's expected to be below £30 as it's not as large a title as Time but it is larger than Quest for Booty. Another note is that it is to be a digital only release. Expect more information soon as the devs in America wake up and answer a few community posed questions.

source : Playstation Blog

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ratchet & Clank: Nexus release date confirmed!

Hey guys. We hope you’re excited for Ratchet & Clank: Nexus. Everyone here at Insomniac has been working really hard to bring you Ratchet and Clank’s latest adventure, and we’re happy to announce that it will be available in-stores and online on 13th November, 2013!

An epilogue to the Future games (Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, A Crack in Time), Ratchet & Clank: Nexus is packed with an all-new story, an all-new arsenal, and all-new gadgets – and it’s only €29.99.

Some of you have asked us why we made a shorter Ratchet game. The truth is, we relished this ability to tie a bow on the PS3 era of Ratchet with a shorter title. All of us love the Ratchet universe – and after 12 years developing the series, it feels like a very close friend.

We have a lot of stories to tell, some longer, some shorter. This one felt just right. It’s a very polished self-contained return to the Ratchet adventures of yore. It’s impactful, too; filled with planet-hopping, guns blazing, joke-cracking Ratchet & Clank, and events happen here that will change Ratchet forever. Think of it as a small epic.

Another question we get asked a lot is how Ratchet & Clank games get created. We unearthed this excellent VHS promotional tape all about the Insomniac Gamatorium, detailing the process. Check it out:

We’ve also been asked if we’ll be offering a pre-order bonus for Nexus. We’re happy to reveal that we will have a pre-order bonus at participating retailers. Ratchet’s Pyronox Armor is inspired by Gadgetron’s popular Infernox Armor. This lightweight durable suit is for the fashion-conscious adventurer. Besides granting a 5% damage-reduction, it also all-but guarantees “Best-Dressed” awards at high-school reunions.

That’s all for now. The wait for more classic Ratchet & Clank is almost over! As always, keep up with the latest R&C news on eu.playstation.com or Insomniac Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Although I like ratchet and clank I can't see myself buying any more current gen games. I still have far too many PS+ games to start and finish. I think they will take me well past the PS4 release and as new PS3 content will still be released with PS+ I can see me sticking with my PS3 and PS4 but looks like my 360 will have to go to a better place (like the bin)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
;)will when it goes cheap

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ratchet & Clank Nexus arrives this week, see the launch trailer

Hey everyone. It’s been an incredible seven years for us here at Insomniac on the PlayStation 3. And today celebrates that heritage with the release of our 10th game for the platform: Ratchet & Clank: Nexus.

The epilogue to our acclaimed Ratchet & Clank Future saga, this game is a love-letter to our fans. It gets back to the classic story-based Ratchet & Clank adventure, with brand new weapons, villain, planets, and an all-new story.

It’s a compact Ratchet adventure you can download via PSN or buy on Blu-ray disc for a great price of£19.99/€24.99. On top of that, all copies of the game come with an entitlement for a free download of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty, so there’s even more value!

But don’t take my word for it. We’ve already gotten a ton of great reviews. Check out IGN and Destructoid for their takes on the game.

And after all of that, if you’re still on the fence, perhaps this awesome launch trailer will give you a push over the edge, and sway you to have one more go with Ratchet on your PS3.

We’re really excited to close out Ratchet’s PS3 era with a game that we made for our fans. We hope you love it. Head on over to the Insomniac forums, Twitter or Facebook account, or to the game website to let us know what you think!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really love R&C on the PS3. Will pick this up at some point but probably in some form of sale.

This week's purchase will be "Walking with Dinosaurs" methinks.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:evil:;)I didn't realise you were meeting up with some peeps on here Zoob

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I like R&C but can't see me getting it with so many games to finish and PS4 being 13 days away. Saying that if I wasn't getting a PS4 I would Defo get this game.