• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Raiding

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello

Just a post to say that I am putting together a raiding team who play on a regular basis.

This is not affiliated with any site as I have friends all over the inter webs so we have formed a little group on Bungie.net under the title;

Guardians of Ni

There are currently 3 of us who I am sure you will recognise. Me, Dicco and Snudger.

We are are looking for 3 more peeps who communicate well and can put up with Dicco and his singing and burping. Which are not entertaining in the least but just foibles of the poor chap!

You do not have to leave the SNR clan (I would not encourage such a thing) as communication will be via the Destiny Companion App through the group and PSN. It is more a collective of people that enjoy Destiny and want to take it to the max and are not afraid to fail. I like gaming where there is no blame...I've played WoW for years and raided in some high pressure guilds...this won't be like that at all.

Anyway, just a thought. Let me know.

Gus

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might be up for some of this :)

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm up for this.

I know Dicco well.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You know I'm up for this mate, recently got both Snudger and Dicco on my friends list as we've done a few strikes together.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cool. Just put in the request to join the group and away we go :)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not quite yet ready for a raid, and looking at early streams I'm not sure I'll ever be :mrgreen: but yeah.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
None of us are...this is the preparation period. Please join it'd be good to get some Vanguard Strikes in :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a commitment phobe and easily distracted otherwise I'd join. Even if I have the free time if somebody says that I have to attend X at Y time it makes me not want to go even if I enjoy it.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a commitment phobe and easily distracted otherwise I'd join. Even if I have the free time if somebody says that I have to attend X at Y time it makes me not want to go even if I enjoy it.
I'd like you to attend the pub every night. I'd also like you to drink alcohol at home. ;)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Working towards the needed lvl of 26 at the moment but happy to get together with a regular group to do some raiding

edit: sent request to join group

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited everyone. I just watched a load of 26s and 27s play it and get trounced in less than 5 minutes.

Not for me I think, unless you want me to turn the air blue over the comms.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Be positive! That means plenty of breakpoints for a smoke, a beer and a bathroom pitstop! :D

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can get in at level 23 supposedly for what it is worth. The boss is 1 hitting pretty much everyone, saw it do all 6 of a team (levels 26-28) with a single hit.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've completed the level 22 weekly strike and it took three of us at levels 23 and 24 to do it.....we still struggled.

Level 26 is a minimum....you're gonna need rank 28 to realistically be able to do it I reckon unless you're some crack shot computer.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Facebook group started to organise the madness...add me Culver Epps...keeps it clean and doesn't tread on toes. Thanks.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited everyone. I just watched a load of 26s and 27s play it and get trounced in less than 5 minutes.

Not for me I think, unless you want me to turn the air blue over the comms.
Thats the point of a Raid. The harder the better. It takes organisation and perseverance...I remember taking 3 months to take down the Lich King in Warcraft, when we did by god was there a party online...the sense of teamwork and accomplishment was great. I am hoping that Bungie don't bow to the whiners who just want an easy game and trophies...raids need to be hard as nails but not totally impossible. :)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Facebook group started to organise the madness...add me Culver Epps...keeps it clean and doesn't tread on toes. Thanks.
But... I don't like facebook. :(

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It is just a help that is all. I have posted an aid for the group but I will DM you the link I just didn't want it posted publicly on Bungie :)