The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PC RaceRoom (PC) free to play

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by Acegadgets, 3 Feb 2013.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've just downloaded the free to play BETA of simbins new game RaceRoom vfrom Steam.
    First impressions are very positive.
    The Graphics are pretty good without being stunning, you dont need an uber machine to run it.

The Menu seems to be very well thought out, unlike GT5 which is a confusing mess.
    My steering wheel was recognised and it seems easy to change the settings.
    Unfortunetly I might need as bit of help with this (more later)
    The game is funded by micro purchases, these do seem a bit steep. Currently it costs £4.79 for 500 pts, larger amounts get you proportionally extra pts to spend.
    There are currently 6 tracks available 2 of them are free which are the RaceRoom Raceway in French alps and Lake View Hill Climb in Sweden. You can buy Zandvoort Netherlands or Portimao in Portugal for 3.99 PTS or Bathurst, Australia for 5.49 PTS and Hockenheimring for 4.99 PTS. I'm tempted to buy Bathurst track if anyone else has it.

There are only 18 cars in the game at the moment, 5 are free and the others range from 1.99 PTS - 3.29 PTS. I quite fancy buying the Audi R8 for 2.99.
    There are competitions to enter with prizes by the likes of intel for getting into the top 3, which one of the "cocks " might manage but I cant.
    At the moment only single player is available and you compare your times with your friends.
    I've been searching for other SNRs with this but havent found any yet.
    If you want to compare times with me then add me in game. It uses real names, mine being Ian mills.

I am finding the Logitec wheel a bit "loose" compared with GT5 , there seems to be a bit of free play on it despite it being set to 0%.
    Anyone with similar wheels, , have you any tips on how to make the wheel more like GT5?

2. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi Ace, glad this runs on your machine ok. You should find me as we are friends on steam already but I'm in raceroom as Dick_Dastardley I think so try that.

As for the wheel. Try turning the force feedback settings up a bit, out of the box the settings are a bit wooden so this may help produce some feel. Also, have you adjusted your sensitivities up to 100%? This will also help a bit I think.

Let me know how you get on....

3. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Can you use the keyboard on this ? :?: :D :grandpa: :thumbup:

4. LouPeacock

LouPeacock Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LouPeacock
    Well, not getting on with this. :brick: :(

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Re: GT5 Saturday Feb 2nd @ 9 pm

I saw CP on this the other day. I might take a look, sounds interesting.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I might get it as it's free but if it's anything like Planetside 2 where you can't win without throwing money at it im out lol

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Thanks for the help with the settings, i,ll do as sugested later on.
    Couldnt find dick dasterdly or any percys in the uk players lists. The search dosent seem to work.
    Cant see any harm in downloading it and playing the free cars and tracks. You can always delete it.
    Does anyone have any paid tracks yet?

8. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Looks like the search for friend drop down is playing up at the moment. Could not find you by searching either, in the end I browsed the leader boards and found you that way so have sent you a friend invite...

9. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Oh yes, I have bought a couple of tracks and am very pleased with them, Portugal and Bathurst so far...

10. LouPeacock

LouPeacock Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LouPeacock

I reckon you will have to convert a muck spreader for money usage when this comes out.

Please dont F*** up Project cars, please.

11. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I have a bit of time on my hands this week and splashed out £16.79 for 2,000 pts . Got myself an Audi to race on Bathhust and Hokenhiem. Have enough left for another couple of cars and another track, Cant decide on either the dutch one or the Algarve one ,or i might just wait to see what else is released.

12. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    You've not accepted my friend request still, are you trying to tell me something?!!

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    He's probably lost :D Ace click friends and you should see a + next to crispys name

14. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I though I had? I'll do it now and try to download your ghost laps for me to chase.
    Had a go with the apex challenges today, Good fun and a good way of learning the tracks. Struggling to become an expert on Hockenhiem at the moment.