PS4 PSVR questions

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not even seen one of these let alone tried one, but I want one.
I have noticed that you can pick them up quite cheap now, apart from the headset what else is a must have considering I would probably only use it for GT Sport.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not even seen one of these let alone tried one, but I want one.
I have noticed that you can pick them up quite cheap now, apart from the headset what else is a must have considering I would probably only use it for GT Sport.
It’s not worth it for just GT Sport.
You’ll need a PS Camera (and maybe a mount to put camera on top of the TV if you are that way inclined). Everything else is an optional extra. If you have move controllers they will work with some games, but I don’t bother to use mine anymore.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It’s not worth it for just GT Sport.
You’ll need a PS Camera (and maybe a mount to put camera on top of the TV if you are that way inclined). Everything else is an optional extra. If you have move controllers they will work with some games, but I don’t bother to use mine anymore.
Really not worth it :( I thought that they were supposed to be great.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really not worth it :( I thought that they were supposed to be great.
They are good, but for only 1 game it’s just not going to justify the cost in my opinion. Also after a while you’ll find you rarely ever play on it. It doesn’t help that mine makes me vomit 🤮.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can get one for £50 Which I thought was a good price

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can get one for £50 Which I thought was a good price
I'd buy it (but then again, I got one at release, so I might be biased).
For one game would be hard to justify unless you really like that game (in VR), but there are some nice games out there.

I do admit I don' t pick it up that much anymore as well, the reason being that good VR games are a bit sparse.
My latest was Ace Combat 7, and VR-wise it's only 3 missions... awesome to play, but still only 3 :/

I will get Borderlands VR, since it now has AIM support as well, but currently still working on my "regular games" backlog first.
But seeing you're new to it, there's still some backlog of nice games to work through.
I would recommend getting move controllers (and an AIM controlller!) for some games, but that will increase the price, so you might want to hold off until you know you like it or not.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you're just using it for GT Sport and use the Dualshock, then for £50 you don't need anything else.
Once you've tried a few other freebies then you may want to pick up a few add-ons.
I love it but not everybody's stomaches can handle it - give it a whirl and sell on or expand accordingly!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Would be a shame to let it go elsewhere, not sure I will have the money to get it now being in hospital is bloody expensive

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Whats the difference between a V1 and a V2, I'm presuming that the newer V2 version is better for some reason ???

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought the V2 has either (or both?) HDR and/or 4K passthrough?
My game TV is still just an HD, so my V1 is sufficient

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
V2 also has a different design for the headphones - I believe they come from the headset itself rather than the dangly bit (oo-er)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well as its my 50th birthday soon my other half has bought me a new PSVR :yahoo: bless her. Had a quick go on GT SPORT, and ooh errr weird or what, will take a little getting used to.

Is it normal for the PS home screen to be a bit blurry?
I had my eyes tested yesterday and my vision has really deteriorated so I am waiting on some better glasses, hopefully they will sort it.
Any hints or tips on anything VR would be good and also some must have games.

boonotis

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Well as its my 50th birthday soon my other half has bought me a new PSVR :yahoo: bless her. Had a quick go on GT SPORT, and ooh errr weird or what, will take a little getting used to.

Is it normal for the PS home screen to be a bit blurry?
I had my eyes tested yesterday and my vision has really deteriorated so I am waiting on some better glasses, hopefully they will sort it.
I’m brand new to it all friend but I found the perfect spot on my head for the vr frame after plenty of adjustments, just keep moving it around bit by bit until all is in focus. Oh and not to tight! I can wear glasses comfortably without steaming up too much if I leave it loose

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will give that a try but I think it's cause of my eyesight at the moment

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you move it up and down that helps,
Along with the button underneath to move it backwards and forwards.
And ace!
Welcome to the crew!

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From another thread, but same applies here (note that he already had Farpoint with AIM controller, that's also a good one to get!)
...I would also recommend finding a pair of motion controllers if you don't have those yet.
You probably have enough to do, but some other recommendations VR wise and my personally preferred controller type: Rush of Blood (use motion), Battle Zone (dualshock), Arizona Sunshine (AIM), Super Hot (motion), Ace Combat 7 (only a few VR missions, but man, they rock! Use HOTAS for this one), Skyrim (dualshock).
As mentioned above, a lot of blurryness can happen due to the helmet not being on correctly.
But: there is also an option to realign it to your eyes. Do note, that might cause others to have a bit more problems using your helmet, so best wait for those new glasses.

Measuring Eye Distance

This setting will adjust 3D video you see within the headset based on the distance between your eyes. With the headset off, place your face within each frame provided on screen. Look straight ahead and press the X button to snap the photo. Using the provided cursors, place each within the center of your eyes. After all four are centered, the distance will adjust and make for a better 3D video experience.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’m brand new to it all friend but I found the perfect spot on my head for the vr frame after plenty of adjustments, just keep moving it around bit by bit until all is in focus. Oh and not to tight! I can wear glasses comfortably without steaming up too much if I leave it loose
Definitely worth being a little careful with the tightness if wearing glasses - I've got nice matching marks on the left lenses of both my spectacles and the PSVR. Doh!