• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PSN down

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering. There has apparently been a DDOS attack, allegedly by a group called Lizard Squad.
Sounds like a bunch of spotty kids to me:x . Especially with a name like that. What are they, bloody Power Ranger fans?
What gets me, and clearly some others on the net, is you work hard all week to sit and relax with a few games in the limited time off you have. These people deserve ridiculously long prison sentences. I mean, why ffs? They dont get any money out of it. Why not go out and have sex, like normal teenagers.
Yours

Not Happy:(

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah, I was wondering what was going on. I managed to watch Dr Who (Peter Capaldi is great, now that the annoying ginger oik has gone I can start watching it again) on the iPlayer, but couldn't load any friends up on the PS4 or sign in at all on the PS3.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Here we go a"bloody"gain!

The PlayStation Network is currently offline due to a multitude of DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks brought on by the hacker group The Lizard Crew.

:shock::shock:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes it looks like Blazin Squad or whoever they are did do a DDOS attack. F***in kids.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And there's all my content on my PS4 locked again until it's back up :'(

Not what I need when I'm stuck in the house.

I have figured out why my content gets locked though, it's because my PS4 is not the primary console for my account so that my baby brother can utilise my PS+ subscription.... I might need to change that

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No Netflix either. Stupid to have to log in to PSN to be able to watch Netflix. Can't see what's the point.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No Netflix either. Stupid to have to log in to PSN to be able to watch Netflix. Can't see what's the point.
I'm currently still able to watch Netflix, had it running since before PSN went down....I guess I best not close that application.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm currently still able to watch Netflix, had it running since before PSN went down....I guess I best not close that application.
I think you'll be okay, I've switched between iPlayer and Netflix ok. But if you can't play any games anyway you may as well leave it open just to be on the safe side!
I did briefly manage to log on, but now I'm off again. I wonder if they are xbox fanboys with a grudge cos PS4 is whooping their ass. I take it MS servers are probably ok?

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I sure hope it's back on tonight! damn chipchows:rant:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had hoped to play Warframe, as it isn't gated by PS+, but you still need to log in to the PSN. Oh well, guess I best spend some time with these little people who seem to live here with me too.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What gets me, and clearly some others on the net, is you work hard all week to sit and relax with a few games in the limited time off you have. These people deserve ridiculously long prison sentences. I mean, why ffs? Not Happy:(
This is exactly how I feel, just wanted to play the new Warframe U14 update AAAAAAALLLLLLLLL weekend, especially with the extra day, which luckily Sony has scheduled for maintenance anyway.

But as we're all old enough to know, this isn't the end of the world, but it is bloody annoying.

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got the Warframe withdrawals too, but funnily enough I can log in on my PS3.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@WetPaintGaming it IS the end of the world. If I cant play warframe I'll probably have to do real world stuff and thats some scary drokk man.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dunno what all the fuss is about :x

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We are being deprived of our basic human right and should not be allowed to live in such 3rd world conditions.

Besides, its cold and I dont want to get out of bed yet.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We are being deprived of our basic human right and should not be allowed to live in such 3rd world conditions.

Besides, its cold and I dont want to get out of bed yet.
In bed!!!:o Its 8.05pm here.

But I agree. If I want to be deprived of my Warframe I'd go and live in one of these undeveloped countries, like Yorkshire.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a broken ankle and no transport....currently my PS4 basically IS my life....so this sucks ass.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a broken ankle and no transport....currently my PS4 basically IS my life....so this sucks ass.
I'm sure some nice folk around here could offer alternative activities/suggestions for ya Col :empathy:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its now become a matter for the CIA, FBI, Interpol etc....

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons.

"Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Federal Aviation Administration for additional comment.

Source Polygon.com