• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Psn back up

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm able to log in to Destiny again this morning, looks like psn is back up for now.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bloody Lizard Group. Heres hoping Anonymous are good on their promise and feed the FBI their personal details.

I mean, who takes time out of their Christmas for this sort of crap!?!?:x

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
looks like it's down again :(

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not been able to get on all day today. So much for having a day of Boxing day gaming.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still nothing for me, luckily we can play games offline. Those Lizard kids really need a good-hiding

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still nothing for me, luckily we can play games offline. Those Lizard kids really need a good-hiding
I bought Metro Redux last week, Thought I'd play it through the downtime, Nope, Refuses to load after install, Probably because it needs to update something.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Actually i cant access any of my downloaded games:rant:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just tried mine and it works. Turn the internet off from the console and it should work. Even with psn down I can still watch netflix and what not so that should help you play.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just tried mine and it works. Turn the internet off from the console and it should work. Even with psn down I can still watch netflix and what not so that should help you play.
I think it depends on if you account is set as the primary account on that console.

I used to get this when my account wasn't primary on my console, none of my games purchased from PSN would work during down time.

The frequency of down time has meant I've made my account the primary one on my console so that I can play my games when the network is down.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it depends on if you account is set as the primary account on that console.

I used to get this when my account wasn't primary on my console, none of my games purchased from PSN would work during down time.

The frequency of down time has meant I've made my account the primary one on my console so that I can play my games when the network is down.
Good point, My PS4 is set as the boys primary and vice versa.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mmmm, not long got in and looks like I can't get on either. Dr Who Christmas Special with a large glass of Baileys it is then!

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I managed to nab a dragons breath and a husk of the pit this morning, can't get back in now though.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still can't get on, but at least Netflix still works. Managed to watch a lot of episodes of The Walking Dead today :)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Trying to play Lego Super Heros with my nephew and it wont load. Sux that even offline is affected by outage.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I logged on on ps3 but not destiny.

PS4 wont neither will Vita or PSTV.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unplugging the lan cable seems to have worked, been playing Metro Redux fro the past few hours.

amymoggy

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Mine still says undergoing maintenance :(
Need my Destiny fix!!

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mines working! Been playing Destiny for an hour and no problems yet :)

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i'm back too!! I'll hurry to xur before it's off again..