• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PS4's Share Play feature in action - new video

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Take a look at new functionality coming with next week's 2.0 system update

PlayStation 4′s system software update v2.00, codenamed Masamune, launches next Tuesday, 28th October. One of the features included in the update that I’m most excited about is Share Play, and we put together a quick video to show you how this innovative feature works. Check it out!

As we’ve said before, the best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PS4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game for up to one hour at a time – even when they don’t own a copy of it. Share Play has three main functions:
  • Share Screen – Share your screen with a friend, allowing them to spectate. This is ideal for PS4 owners that want to watch their friends play a game and provide helpful tips. PlayStation Plus is not required to use this.
  • Hand over my controller – Pass your controller to a friend, virtually, and watch them play. Your friend does not need to own, or even download the game, in order to use this feature. This is perfect for introducing your friends to new games. The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member, but the guest does not.
  • Hand over another controller – If a game supports local multiplayer, you can have your friend join as player two. Again, the visitor does not need to own, or download the game in order to use this feature. Both players will need PlayStation Plus to use this feature.
Share Play pushes the social interactivity of PS4 to new heights and we can’t wait for everyone to try it out. What games are you looking forward to trying Share Play with?

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looking forward to this, hope it works properly

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive got some games already earmarked for some coop. And can I just say if anyone ever wants to try out anything I've got, just message me. More than happy to oblige

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive got some games already earmarked for some coop. And can I just say if anyone ever wants to try out anything I've got, just message me. More than happy to oblige
That goes for me too

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do like these new features that they're adding but I wish they'd get the response speed sorted for doing basics like looking at messages and friends lists and chats and stuff.

Chief008

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Yeah I agree they need to get the little things sorted first, like a notification when someone comes online. There's still so much functionality missing yet

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This could be handy as I suck at a lot of games.

Unless its racing... On a racing game. I suck at racing on GTA:V though.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only up to an hour? That's not much if you coop something.
Still a nice feature to have though.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only up to an hour? That's not much if you coop something.
Still a nice feature to have though.
I read that they imposed the time limit to stop people sharing a game and letting thair mate completing it whilst they went out for the day. You can start a new session straight after.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great feature I think. Is it an hour per title or per session?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have noticed the store, friends list, messages, party chat are very much lagged/delayed hope this update fixes it tho.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great feature I think. Is it an hour per title or per session?
I heard its per session. The whole thing works within a party and a timer starts from within, so I guess you can swap games in and out.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I read that they imposed the time limit to stop people sharing a game and letting thair mate completing it whilst they went out for the day. You can start a new session straight after.
Myeah... that makes sense I s'pose. would be nice to "lend" out my digital copies too though, some of my fellow PS4 coworkers complain I buy too much digital they cannot borrow 8-)

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tried this last night and seemed to have a problem with any game carrying an age rating,also seemed a little laggy and inconsistant, hopefully just teething problems

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tried this last night too. Worked like a bloody dream. Its easy swapping the controller back and forth, and my mate assures me the video quality was perfect.

Im in the Evolve alpha which starts for this weekend only, so if anyone wants to try it you are more than welcome.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the Evolve Alpha too stupidly they sent me a PC key :( oh well