PS4 PS4 - Where are you pre-ordering yours from?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Right guys, who's ordering from where?

I've had an email from Gameseek who are taking pre-orders with £10 off for 54p down.

I've not decided on where to order from yet but I'm thinking a launch day purchase may be on the cards after all.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Shopto, I get everything from them usually get the stuff early and they always have a good price also put a few games on order not sure on dates yet so might add a couple later that will be out on release.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will it really matter if we're honest. Its basically going to be £350 everywhere. And it will be everywhere on the day, Tescos, Game, Amazon, Blockbusters etc. given some peeps experience delays in getting stuff, this time around there may very well be an advantage to walking into a shop and buying it there and then.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive preordered mine from Shopto for £348 (basic model).

Word of warning. Amazon and various other retailers (and Sony) have warned that they may be unable to satisfy demand. So if you're currently pondering on buying one, my suggestion is just pre-order one now.

Anyways, I haven't selected any games yet. I'll probably get BF4, as this is the game most likely to have some long legs on it, and more importantly, be played here by a greater number of people (@Plaxinator has this on PS3, PC and 360!!:oSo I'd be very surprised if she doesn't get BF4 for PS4 even if she gets the PS3 version too). Im definitely getting a PS+ subs too, probably on day of release but may be earlier if any PS3 or Vita titles grab my attention. That way you get 4 games to start your PS4 collection, with more each month to keep you busy.

Last edited by a moderator:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I went with shopto straight after the sony conference.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive preordered mine from Shopto for £348 (basic model).

Word of warning. Amazon and various other retailers (and Sony) have warned that they may be unable to satisfy demand. So if you're currently pondering on buying one, my suggestion is just pre-order one now.

Anyways, I haven't selected any games yet. I'll probably get BF4, as this is the game most likely to have some long legs on it, and more importantly, be played here by a greater number of people (@Plaxinator has this on PS3, PC and 360!!:oSo I'd be very surprised if she doesn't get BF4 for PS4 even if she gets the PS3 version too). Im definitely getting a PS+ subs too, probably on day of release but may be earlier if any PS3 or Vita titles grab my attention. That way you get 4 games to start your PS4 collection, with more each month to keep you busy.
But @Slaine I'm getting an Xbox One and COD Ghost(whatever the feck the rest of the title is), has nobody bothered to tell you yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was gonna walk Into a shop and buy one But It's due the same week as the baby, so not sure what I'm gonna do.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was gonna walk Into a shop and buy one But It's due the same week as the baby, so not sure what I'm gonna do.
Trade the baby in. You know it makes sense. It'll save you a few quid on the PS4 and give you enough free time to actually play it. :D

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Gameseek offer is basically 'guaranteeing' if you pre-order they will have stock, I don't know if they already have an allocated number of units and this is why the current £10 off offer is available or what....i've ordered mine through them but would happily move my order elsewhere if a better offer comes up.

But I am also suspecting there may be a shortage unless Microsoft turns things around to get people back on board with the One.

I will absolutely be getting BF4 for PS4 and will likely play that most nights for a long time as I did with BF3. Also PS+ is mandatory so will pick that up either shortly before on on release day depending on offers available.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Microsoft say they have some more to reveal and show, but I'm not interested in anything they've got to say now. I've seen all I need to make a decision.

Wasn't a hard one either. I'm a member of an Xbox community and only one of them is considering getting one, and that's not going to be for another year. Microsoft have blown it. Such a shame

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Giv & I are going to get a PS4 each, along with copies of BF4. Which then means we won't be going out for a year, but it will be worth it! :)

We haven't preordered yet, but I'll have a look around online tomorrow.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Microsoft say they have some more to reveal and show, but I'm not interested in anything they've got to say now. I've seen all I need to make a decision.

Wasn't a hard one either. I'm a member of an Xbox community and only one of them is considering getting one, and that's not going to be for another year. Microsoft have blown it. Such a shame
Think about the big picture, you don't own the games your renting them forever maybe they will only be £20 new? This is unlikely but would boost sales and stop the oh I can trade problem. I made my decision after watching the MS and Sony briefings MS lost my interest with there TV, TV, TV bollocks. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but the briefing was hopeless and the CEO seems to be a complete moron with no idea about games or gaming.

Realistically waiting for all the info will be much better and to be honest things can't get worse for them.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine from Shopto as they haven't delivered late yet :)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You ever hear the expression 'tempting fate' ;)

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's why I added yet ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got PS+ all ready for the PS4. Plus I wanted XCom too before it disappeared.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I had my leaving doo last night, and got a tidy sum of vouchers for John Lewis. Which I was also reliably informed comes with a 2 year warrenty as part of their policy on electrical goods, guess I now know where I'm getting mine, sweet :)