• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PS4 remote play via Vita

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone do it?
I took my Vita to bed last night to see If I could do the commander bit on BF4, Unfortunately my Vita needed syncing with my PS4 again.
Do I need to sync It everytime I want to remote play?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No, you just need to connect over wi-fi. It works well on BF4, although the L3 / R3 buttons are a little awkward when you're trying to run. Otherwise, it's great! :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It works brilliantly. The only downside is that its hard to play the FPS games due to the screen size. Not impossible, just dont expect your k/d ratio to grow.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've used the Vita for remote play for BF4. You shouldn't need to sync with your PS4 all the time once you've connected it the first time. I have heard though that if you have anything (like the camera) plugged into the USB ports then it doesn't always connect remotely.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can't play Commander mode on Vita unfortunately.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can you not do commander mode on a PS4 either?

I think I had to resync it because I'd changed my IP address.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can only use Commander mode on the system you play BF4 on, or on a tablet.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How do i get to commander mode on my PS4?
I think that you go to Server Browser and select Play As Commander. Not entirely sure how you do that though, as I haven't done it. It might be something like pushing Square on the server details page. Will check later mate.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah if you look at the prompts at the bottom of the screen when viewing servers there's a join as commander option.

I assume you can play commander mode on Vita by using remote play....and it will be as good as unplayable with the less than perfect analogue sticks combined with the infuriatingly twitchy lock on system on commander mode on the PS4.