• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Mobile PS4 Remote play comes to Android

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is a Port of the Official PS4 Remote Play App for Android. Their are now 2 ZIP Versions of the Mod, the Normal(Includes everything: Remote Play App, DualShockManger App, and the require files to display the PS4 Remote Play Icon under the "Connect to PS4" tab in the PlayStation App) and the Minimal(Includes only the Remote Play App). The Manual Method is still available, if you wish you can just install the Stand Alone APK and it should work fine(Below). Its recommended to have a 5Ghz Router(On the Phone side) and the PS4 connected via Lan Cable. If you have a Xperia Device please check post #2.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/ps4-remote-play-t2929147

Rooting as always is required

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Damn this rooting business, if I only knew how. :eh:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got a xperia z2 and that has it on it. No rooting required :)

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Damn this rooting business, if I only knew how. :eh:
I've never recovered after rooting my S3, it never properly worked after that faithful day, kept restarting for no reason.

Rooting is easy you just need to be careful what else you install on top of it

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah nah, dont think I'd ever bother. I struggle with the most easiest tasks sometimes

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love Android and my smartphone never leaves my side, but I'll stick to remote play on my PS Vita.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love Android and my smartphone never leaves my side, but I'll stick to remote play on my PS Vita.
Don't blame you, I can connect my DS4 to my phone and remote play on my phone but it won't do both together which is a bit crap. Not that I would want to cause I bought a 55" TV for the PS 4

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a OnePlus One which I wont be rooting, not the worlds most expensive phone but its currently my pride and joy would hate to lose it ;) rooted my HTC One X and soon after had to revert back to stock and re locked the boot (Or whatever its called)

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i use remote play when i cannot get use of the TV. Normally due to umizoomi being on or peppa pig.
I use my unrooted samsung galaxy note 10.1, works ok .
This only works as i am in the same room, or at least in BlueTooth range of the PS4 for the controllers to work.
Then again if i am out of the house i dont really want to play games. I am to busy hugging trees or fishing out my kids from a pond.