• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PS4 + PS21 = :(

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't understand why they didn't make the PS4 with a headphone socket on it, ffs how hard can it be :rant:

So I now have a set of Turtle Beach PX21 collecting dust in the cupboard cause I cant use them on the PS4 :x (and no I don't have a audio out on my TV only the optical one)

Anyone know a way of getting around this?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't understand why they didn't make the PS4 with a headphone socket on it, ffs how hard can it be :rant:

So I now have a set of Turtle Beach PX21 collecting dust in the cupboard cause I cant use them on the PS4 :x (and no I don't have a audio out on my TV only the optical one)

Anyone know a way of getting around this?

Silly question, but how did you use that with the PS3, which also has no headphone jack.

I imagine whatever solution you used to convert game sound to headphone jack should work on the PS4 too.

If you can't output your TV sound to the headphones (do TV's come without headphone sockets?) you could try plugging it into the game controller and see what options you get.

Last edited:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a Roxio game capture thing connected to the PS3, but was hoping not to have to use that just for the headset to work. Think I may have found a solution though, a optical to cable convertor.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having just looked the PS4 doesn't have a AV multi out socket so I wouldn't use the Roxio anyway.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Doesn't it have a usb plug on it? Just Googled the PX21's and they have a usb end, Just plug it into your PS4.
Bish, bash, bosh, Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, that is for the power, there is also a 3.5mm jack plug that does the audio.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Plug the 3.5mm jack into the controller.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did try plugging it into there but i wasnt expecting it to work cause i thought that was a mono socket not a stereo one, so thought that it would only do 1 channel at best. I didnt actually get anything although I must admit that i dont know what that setting is on.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did try plugging it into there but i wasnt expecting it to work cause i thought that was a mono socket not a stereo one, so thought that it would only do 1 channel at best. I didnt actually get anything although I must admit that i dont know what that setting is on.
Follow the video then numpty.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Upgraded then @mick ?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a 42" TV and sit on top of it. But then I already have square eyes so whatever.
@zoob, yes @mick has joined the PS4 ranks. Best save your beer money up for a PS4 or sell a child or something.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm baby sitting 3 tonight, I'm sure the parents won't notice 1...
I have a 42" TV and sit on top of it. But then I already have square eyes so whatever.
@zoob, yes @mick has joined the PS4 ranks. Best save your beer money up for a PS4 or sell a child or something.