• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PS4 hotty!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For the past few weeks my PS4 would just shut itself off and the only way to syart it up again would be to unplug it at the mains and plug it back in, I concluded that it was overheating so I put it on little wooden blocks and aimed two little usb desk fans at it to keep it cool and allow air all around it.
Despite this it was only on for 30 minutes today and overheated so I rang Sony, I've got to send it back for servicing which could take 12 days.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nooooooooooo! You don't think it's related to your new hard drive that you put in? Maybe that is faulty.

My PS4 seems okay, but my PS3 occasionally beeps and switches itself off just after starting up and has the power light flashing red at me. I have to hold the button down to restart it and wait for it to go through all the checking the PS3 hard drive rubbish.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think its the hard drive, The only difference between drives is the size, i went for the same brand and specs as the original.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nooooooooooo! You don't think it's related to your new hard drive that you put in? Maybe that is faulty.

My PS4 seems okay, but my PS3 occasionally beeps and switches itself off just after starting up and has the power light flashing red at me. I have to hold the button down to restart it and wait for it to go through all the checking the PS3 hard drive rubbish.
Which version do you have?
My original fat 60gb started like that before it died on me, apparently first versions had some solder issues which can come undone. Be sure to use savefile uploads if you can!
Took me 30 minutes to speed to the shop and get a new slim one, another 30 to get the (borrowed) game out of the blu-ray drive -.-

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Which version do you have?
My original fat 60gb started like that before it died on me, apparently first versions had some solder issues which can come undone. Be sure to use savefile uploads if you can!
Took me 30 minutes to speed to the shop and get a new slim one, another 30 to get the (borrowed) game out of the blu-ray drive -.-
A phatty 40GB one. Bought in 2008. Put a 320GB drive in. It hasn't fared too badly I guess. If it does die on me, my friend fixes them so hopefully he can revive it, then I'll appropriate Mr Plax's as he had the one after and only uses it to watch Netflix. So he can have my old one to watch Netflix on. I have it all planned.....

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that peeing on it cools it down. But then again my English isn't very good, so I might be mistaken. Or you peeps across the pond are serious fruit cakes, eh Herm ;)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that peeing on it cools it down. But then again my English isn't very good, so I might be mistaken. Or you peeps across the pond are serious fruit cakes, eh Herm ;)
Seems true. I'm quite sure I've heard that some where... ;)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is indeed true but a word of warning remember to turn off the power at the wall :wtf: (This doesn't apply if you are Dutch as they apparently like that sort of thing :o)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The woman on the phone asked if I'd spilt anything on it, But she never mentioned intentionally pissing on it or splashback.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is indeed true but a word of warning remember to turn off the power at the wall :wtf: (This doesn't apply if you are Dutch as they apparently like that sort of thing :o)
Oi! Mind there's more than one Dutchy on here these days! :rant:

That out of the way, nothing wrong with a little comfy shock therapy :angel: :D

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did post my PS4 off today though.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For the past few weeks my PS4 would just shut itself off and the only way to syart it up again would be to unplug it at the mains and plug it back in, I concluded that it was overheating so I put it on little wooden blocks and aimed two little usb desk fans at it to keep it cool and allow air all around it.
Despite this it was only on for 30 minutes today and overheated so I rang Sony, I've got to send it back for servicing which could take 12 days.
That’s happened to me on a few occasions.