PS4 PS4 for £599.99

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bargain eh!!

Amazon UK have this up now, with its placeholder price set in. Obviously the price is subject to change.

And god do I hope it changes!!!:D Free delivery though

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Please note that there are no official prices announced for PlayStation 4 products. The price stated above is a placeholder. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/

Nothing to panic over. Amazon's preorder price promise means that if a price goes down you will be charged at the lower price but if the price goes up, you won’t be charged more. They are simply covering themselves to ensure they don't undercharge.

They've also got the same preorder price for the Xbox One.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00BE4OUBG/

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still expecting Both xBoxOne and PS4 to be priced at £399.99 when released

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am buying niether. Going to get an Ouya instead

clarkyspeaks

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
£599-99 is a complete rip off, so if this is the price I will not be purchasing a PS4 until there is a serious price drop!!!!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
£599-99 is a complete rip off, so if this is the price I will not be purchasing a PS4 until there is a serious price drop!!!!
Of course it isn't, see my post for the explanation. Panic ye not, young padawan. :)

TalllPaul

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Obviously a placeholder but for those who don't know wouldn't that price scare them off? :S

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Obviously a placeholder but for those who don't know wouldn't that price scare them off? :S
There's a clear banner on the page explaining it's a placeholder. Not hard to find and comprehend, really.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's a clear banner on the page explaining it's a placeholder. Not hard to find and comprehend, really.
I think you're over estimating the intelligence of your average punter there.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah i,m not pre ordering at that price either, bloody ridiculous price

clarkyspeaks

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ok fair point, however I still think £399-99 is steep, and I will not be purchasing the PS4 on release at this price either!

Looks like it could be a year after PS4 is out before I can even contemplate purchasing :empathy:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like it could be a year after PS4 is out before I can even contemplate purchasing :empathy:
That's sounding very familiar....I'm not gonna be getting a launch machine (for the first time with Playstations) and I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing regarding both XBOXONE and PS4 saying they'll be waiting for a price drop rather than buying on launch day.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Same here. I always was one of the first to own a new Playstation, but not this time.

clarkyspeaks

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So there you go its official they may have got the machines all sorted but the price is well off!

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Keeping mine on pre-order until the price is confirmed. If it does stay at £599 then I cancel, easy as, and wait in a state of jealousy around those already enjoying the new Killzone, for the price to go down.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll only be buying a new console when a particular game that I really want is only available on the new console and not the old one. Unless they are ridiculously cheap at launch which dosent look likely. I think it'll be a good year after launch NEXT GEN only games are released as most of the devs are currently finishing off thier projects for games for the current batch of consoles. After the likes of battlefield 4 GT 6 and COD (whateveritscalled) is launched you would expect work to start on the next gen games to go with the consoles.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I predict that within 6 months of the next gen releases, many on here will have a new console. Someone will get one on launch, someone else will cave and get one (probably @Slaine ;) ) and the domino effect will see others buying one too.

You can quote me on this next year. :)

Last edited: