Board Game Addict
- 12 Mar 2012
- Reaction score
PS4 error code CE-34878-0 seems to be causing trouble again. The save-corrupting issue has been around almost since launch with a range of games and activities triggering it. Sony has an official fix although reports of success vary.
PS4 error CE-34878-0 corrupting saves
NBA2K14 careers seem to be getting a particular hammering currently but a large list of games are mentioned, including FIFA 14, Assassin’s Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall and more. There seems to be no differentiation between disks or downloads while other causes have included “ejecting a Blu-ray” and even viewing captured screenshots.
More on PS4 errors
- Full PS4 error code list: what they mean & potential fixes
- EA being sued over Battlefield 4 bugs – law suit mentions attempt to blame PS4 firmware update
- Sony investigating ‘You need PS Plus to play online’ PSN errors
“Disconnected from Internet… Worked immediately”
“I keep getting an error screen show up after every game on Fifa 14, displaying CE-34878-0. I’ve deleted all the save games I had, and deleted it and reinstalled it and it works again.”
“Deleting all Files and reinstall doesn’t work for me…”
“I’ve even done a full restore to factory settings and it made no difference at all. Any ideas yet guys?”
Here’s Sony’s official description and fix:
CE-34878-0 Application has crashed
- Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
- Step 2: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].