• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 PS4 error CE-34878-0 corrupting saves – Sony fix: “install latest updates, & restart the system”

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

PS4 error code CE-34878-0 seems to be causing trouble again. The save-corrupting issue has been around almost since launch with a range of games and activities triggering it. Sony has an official fix although reports of success vary.

PS4 error CE-34878-0 corrupting saves
NBA2K14 careers seem to be getting a particular hammering currently but a large list of games are mentioned, including FIFA 14, Assassin’s Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall and more. There seems to be no differentiation between disks or downloads while other causes have included “ejecting a Blu-ray” and even viewing captured screenshots.

More on PS4 errors
With no clear cause a fix is even harder. Here’s a range of quotes from PlayStation’s support forums:

“Disconnected from Internet… Worked immediately”

“I keep getting an error screen show up after every game on Fifa 14, displaying CE-34878-0. I’ve deleted all the save games I had, and deleted it and reinstalled it and it works again.”

“Deleting all Files and reinstall doesn’t work for me…”

“I’ve even done a full restore to factory settings and it made no difference at all. Any ideas yet guys?”

Here’s Sony’s official description and fix:

CE-34878-0 Application has crashed
  • Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
  • Step 2: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
Thanks CVG, PlayStation forum, PlayStation support, Reddit

Source: OPSM