Vita PS Vita system update adds new features today

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’d like to let you know about an exciting update for PlayStation Vita. Today, system software update version 2.60 is released with lots of new features.

The big news is that PlayStation Plus has been added to the LiveArea of each game, making it even easier for you to back-up and download data.

Other new features for all PS Vita owners include easier access to network features in Settings, plus music and video streaming from PlayStation 3 and PCs. Read on for more details.

Firstly, PS Plus subscribers can now easily upload your game data from each game. Just select a game and tap the PlayStation Plus icon on the LiveArea screen – from there you can upload your game data to Online Storage. You can also choose to download previously saved data to carry on playing where you left off previously on another PS Vita.

If you haven’t picked up PlayStation Plus yet, visit PlayStation Store on your PS Vita to buy a subscription first .

Secondly, We’ve made it really easy for you to access your Settings. Simply hold down the PS button to bring up a range of options including setting up Flight Mode, Wi-Fi, Mobile Network (3G/Wi-Fi model only) and Bluetooth features.

Thirdly, you can now play music and video content on your PS Vita from a connected PS3 or PC. All you need to do is open the Video or Music apps from the home screen, select a connected device and then pick which content you want to play.

On top of all this, we’ve expanded the video formats supported on the PS Vita system’s browser and introduced new privacy settings so you can choose how you want to share your Trophy information.

Watch the video below to take a closer look at the features included in system software update version 2.60, or head to playstation.com for more information.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think my update has just crashed. Screen gone black but PS Home button light blue. Been like this for ages, might have to restart it.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice little update. PS+ is so much more accessible now. Havent hid any trophies yet, but I can now hide Truth or Lies from the world. You still keep the trophies too:D

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think my update has just crashed. Screen gone black but PS Home button light blue. Been like this for ages, might have to restart it.
doesn't that just mean that the screen saver has come on ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
doesn't that just mean that the screen saver has come on ;)
Ha ha. No it's like the black screen of death. I googled it and the solution is to hold the power button down for 20 seconds to switch off then another 5 seconds to turn on. Then you get an option to rebuild the database, start as normal etc and off you go. Similar to what happens when your PS3 crashes really!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Ha ha. No it's like the black screen of death. I googled it and the solution is to hold the power button down for 20 seconds to switch off then another 5 seconds to turn on. Then you get an option to rebuild the database, start as normal etc and off you go. Similar to what happens when your PS3 crashes really!
Had the same issue and did the same left it to its own for an hour came back to nothing working held the power button until something happened restarted and boosh it was on :)