Vita PS Vita. A taste of whats to come???

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive been hammering the PS Vita recently, and I cant believe what a cracking little system it is. I had 4 "apps" open, and was seamlessly switching between all 4 from the exact place I left off (YouTube, Internet Browser, Trophy Sync, & actual game). From what Ive read, it looks like the PS4 will be capable of the exact same feats; ie having numerous apps open and switching between them all without the need to exit anything. Cant believe how usefull a feature this is, especially if you're on the hunt for collectables. Best of all is being able to freeze the game and come back to exactly the same spot.

Anyway, I hope the PS4 has background trophy syncing like the 360. I think thats the one thing that lets the PS3 down is the need to constantly update to a server. Its nice that you can view offline, but the 360 theres no need whatsoever. I notice that whilst the Vita has to sync too, it is incredibly quick with very little wait. Whats that about, and why cant the PS3 be as quick as its smaller cousin?

Watching the Vita do its PS+ housekeeping is pretty impressive. And unlike the PS3, you can carry on and do what you like as it does the lot in the background.

Reason for posting was two fold. First to gush about how great the Vita is, and secondly to share how great the PS4 is shaping up to be.

Just done Assassins Creed 3. Had to complete this, as I want to do the Vita game too before AC4. I dont think Im going to be able to clear all of my shelf of shame before the PS4 is released, to be honest. But I am only getting the 1 console this time round. Whilst its nice have all of them (as I did at one point), you end up with far too many games, and some of the consoles get left gathering dust. Having just the two consoles (Vita and PS4) should mean I wont get a shelf of shame again. I say should, but I had one for every generation of consoles Ive ever owned, so it might be famous last words!!:oops::lol:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am interested in the Vita. I can't afford one at the moment, but I do hope to get one to go with the PS4 at some point.

Thanks for posting this, it makes it sound like it will be a worthwhile purchase!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree it sounds like it may be a worthwhile investment.

Although I will literally only be using it as a screen/controller for my PS4 so I can play games whilst the kids are still up.

So i'll be very interested in how well it works for this....i'm under no illusions about remote play over the internet, but am interested in using it over local wifi and would love to know how well the controls work.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Check out this screen shot of me playing Assassins Creed on the Vita. Really does look the dogs. The Playstation Portable has come on leaps and bounds since the humble psp.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I wish I had time to play mine daily but I just can't find the time. Really loving the Killzone Mercenary Beta, along with unit 13. I also need to get Assassin Creed but with my endless collection I need to get more games finished and not buy more.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not been playing my Vita much lately but I agree, it's a cracking machine. The remote play the last time I tried it was a bit pants though, but the whole concept of remote play since its incarnation has been pants.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am interested in the Vita. I can't afford one at the moment, but I do hope to get one to go with the PS4 at some point.

Thanks for posting this, it makes it sound like it will be a worthwhile purchase!
Similar plans & I've been deliberately grabbing all the Vita PS+ titles for when the time comes!