PS4 Playstation VR release date & prices announced

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got the move and never used it. I have the PS4 camera, it hasn't been out of the box for well over a year.
Same for me, although I got out the cam recently for the Until Dawn "cheap shots" :)
I will get the VR set anyways, so I'm glad I can dust of my move controllers again as well

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not sure how long this has been up but I noticed that the PlayStation VR headset is now available for pre-order on Amazon for £350.00

Time to blow the dust off my PlayStation Move gear.

There are also a few articles floating around the web which loosely mention that Sony is looking into PC compatibility for the headset as well
:woot:

Last edited:

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I saw an article earlier which stated that the new Star wars battlefront VR version will be a completely different game from the original. Assuming games have to run at 60 fps or else not get certified by Sony, then I can't see many current titles getting to VR without serious overhauls and I expect some sort of downgrade in order to hit the right performance targets. It may be VR but maybe not quite what we were hoping for.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ifixit.com posted a tear down of the consumer version of the Oculus this week which shows off some of the tech behind the VR goggles.

Oculus Rift CV1 Teardown

Some interesting tech has gone into the construction of the Oculus

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm really interested in vr but will definitely need to try it first. Hopefully they'll have it at egx again in September. And I can get to try it :)

I kind of agree with the fad comments however that didn't stop millions of people buying a wii or kinnect 2. Granted they were both cheaper but still. I'm still surprised at the amount of money people spend on replacing phones every two years. Also people spending lots of money monthly on 600 "free" minutes when they use it for half the time. So who knows.

If Sony manage to keep positive buzz and have a great ad campaign word of mouth does wonders.

I understand the criticisms @HERMAN_JELMET about under supported products. Conversely though surely Sony should be commended for pushing new experiences? Ultimately Sony won't know which products will resonate with customers. They are rarely compulsory so people don't have to buy into it if they don't want to?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They announced that 8 demo's will be shipped with the VR, just not "how much" of the games can be tried.

The included demo's are:
  • Driveclub VR
  • Playstation VR Worlds
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League
  • Tumble VR
  • Battlezone
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Wayward Sky
  • Headmaster

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Resurrected from the dead like Count Dracul after centuries of dormancy.

Quick question, Can you use the older square PS4 camera or do you need the newer rounded one?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The old PS Eye? Nah, that was PS3 (as were the move controllers admittedly) and not precise enough. The new one has two cameras for depth perception.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Which reminds me, I'm intending to pick up the Aim controller this month.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There was already a PS4 camera which i have, its rectangular.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dunno lol
Haha! :)

Just trying to think what other "killer apps" used the camera on day 1.

Have to say, I'm little envious of your square eye now I've seen a picture, the new fangled one is a bit of a pain TBH! The lead is really stiff which makes positioning the camera a bit of a pain and as it is rounded, you can't really take it off the stand and mount on top of the telly without using a big wedge of the sticky stuff.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Haha! :)

Just trying to think what other "killer apps" used the camera on day 1.

Have to say, I'm little envious of your square eye now I've seen a picture, the new fangled one is a bit of a pain TBH! The lead is really stiff which makes positioning the camera a bit of a pain and as it is rounded, you can't really take it off the stand and mount on top of the telly without using a big wedge of the sticky stuff.
The square one has the same 'stiff' issuelol